My birthday cake was epic this year. It is one of those cakes where you say it's the thought that counts. Erik knows I like brownies and peanut butter. So he wanted to make me the ultimate cake. He baked two pans of brownies. Then put peanut butter frosting in between to create two layers. Next he found a recipe for chocolate buttercream frosting online.
This recipe had 4 sticks of butter and a pound and a half of chocolate in it. My chocolate buttercream recipe has 1 stick of butter and 2/3 cup of cocoa powder in it. YIKES! That is a lot of butter. So Erik channeled his inner Paula Dean to make this recipe. The cake was good but too much. I had to lie down after eating a piece. We also ate the entire thing because we are American.
I love that he wanted to make me a special cake for my birthday. I told him, never make this again, but thank you. It's the thought that counts sometimes!
|Matthew and his puzzle!|
|The ultimate cake!|
|Kids in the water|
|Mast, Mabry and Cooper kids|
|Kids being silly|
|Matthew, Jenna, Addie, Tyson, and Sarah|
- Brownie batter
- Chocolate cream
- Cookies n cream
- Filled cupcake
- Peanut butter
- Cookie dough
- Chocolate strawberry
- Birthday cake
- Double stuff
- Caramel apple
- Red Velvet
- Cinnamon roll
- Pumpkin spice
In other news:
- Our book club finished the Bridge of Birds. Good riddance. We will pick another book that will definitely be better. I'm hoping for All Our Wrong Todays. I heard it was good.
- Matthew is riding his bike pretty well in the cul de sac near our house. I've been working with him every day and today he pedaled 8 times without me holding on!! He is SO close!
- Sarah went to Y camp this week. She likes swimming every day and the crafts. She doesn't like getting up early and missing her family. I thought that was so sweet!
- Last weekend Erik went to Sacramento to spend the weekend celebrating David's 40th birthday. They spent the entire time playing games and Erik won a large percentage of them. He is good at board games. We play Castles of Burgundy almost every night and he wins most of the time. Yet I still keep coming back to get beat up again! They also played golf and drank an obscene about of
disgusting, nasty, wretched gasoline-flavored liquidscotch.
- I have moved my balls to the wall workout to Wednesday. Over the summer the schedules have changed at the Y and now they offer weight lifting on Wednesday. I've really noticed a difference since I've started weight lifting and I actually enjoy it.
- My 4 classes have been going really well this session. Next session I'm teaching Visual Basic and I haven't taught that in years so I'm pumped about that. It gets boring teaching the same courses over and over again.
- I've finished the first 7 of 9 books in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, Silent Songbird by Melanie Dickerson, and Valor's Choice by Tanya Huff. I've been reading a lot of mindless books lately.