Erik and I sold Jam and coasters at the St. Joan of Arc Craft show on Saturday and had a great time! So many people stopped by to sample jam and really liked it. We sold $480 worth of jam. Technically it was $520 but the table cost $40 to reserve so I subtracted that out. Everyone who tried the jam loved it! It was such a success and made me feel good that so many people liked it.
I do need to work on my pricing though since not too many people took advantage of the buy 4 get one free. Maybe 5 jars of jam is too much? We sold it for $5 apiece and 5 for $20. Erik suggested $6 apiece and two for $10 to encourage people to buy two jars.
The flavors I had were:
- Blueberry jam
- Fiery Habanero Apricot jam
- Blackberry lime jam
- Blueberry lemon jam
- Vanilla peach bourbon jam
- Strawberry jam
- Raspberry jam
- Raspberry jalapeno jam
- Pina colada jam
- Cherry amaretto jam
- Chocolate strawberry sauce
The best seller was vanilla peach bourbon. This show gave me an idea of the good sellers. Cherry amaretto was in the top 5 and I wouldn't have guessed that. The chocolate strawberry sauce was somewhat thick but I didn't think it was thick enough to call a "jam" so I named it a sauce. Whatever it is - it was delicious! We also sold 4 sets of coasters. We didn't sell Erik's pumpkins. I'm sad because they were so cute!!
Several of my friends stopped by to my booth as well. Joy was my best customer! It was great to see friends and rewarding to have so much traffic at the show.
I did have one bad experience before the show. I had talked with several vendors prior to the show and they were all really nice except one. A lady walked up to me and said that she sold jam and she didn't appreciate the competition. I said "ok". I wasn't sure what to say! Then she proceeded to tell me that she has a farm and all her fruit was from her farm is in her jam and I am underpricing my jam. She said that if I'm using the surejell box directions my jam is underpriced. I just said ok to everything she said. How rude! There can be more than one jam vendor at a show! I guess you have people like that everywhere.
In other news:
- I got a promotion to Senior Professor and a raise! Considering all the changes at the university I am so excited that I was promoted.
- Next session I'm teaching onsite. Bummer because that means I'll have to go to campus and dress up and all that.
- Sarah's troop had a letterboxing activity at a local park and the girls loved it. Letterboxing is like a scavenger hunt through the woods and the kids love things like that.
- I like pokemon go however it is hard to find other moms that play. I'm on a pokemom facebook page but locally I haven't found anyone. I'd really like to find some moms so that during the day I can take down some gyms rather than waiting for Jenna to get home from school. Sometimes I just have her leave her phone with me so I can use both phones. I'm a little obsessed I guess....
- I have decided not to vote in this election. I always vote so this is surprising but I just can't vote for the candidates that we have to choose from. Really? In all of America these are our choices? Almost every person I know is a better choice!
- In a few weeks we are getting new carpet from Home Depot. I can't wait! I wanted new carpet before Christmas when family will come visit. Erik agreed! Yipee!