The scent of lilac as I walk the kids to school is one of the greatest things about spring. Kroger always has managers special flowers for sale and lately they have had stargazer lillies. They are SO beautiful and smell SO good. Unfortunately Jenna may be allergic to them because she has had a stuffy nose lately. Although there is ragweed and pollen everywhere so that might be it too. Who knows?
Erik and I went on a date to Le Chocolique. Yum! We got this delicious chocolate decadent cake and devoured the entire thing! Then we went pokemon hunting to work off all that cake!
|Coloring Easter Eggs|
|Matthew (in red) fighting Carter|
|Erik fighting Morgan (a brown belt!)|
|The view from our seats|
|Sarah is not as thrilled to go to the game|
- Easter was fantastic! In the morning we went to church, had Easter brunch there and an Easter egg hunt, then drove to my parents for Easter dinner. It was great to see family. This year for lent I gave up coffee, Jenna gave up chocolate, and Sarah gave up butter. It was hard but we all did it! I think Lent is a great spiritual discipline that more churches should incorporate. Jesus fasted all the time but the American church rarely talks about it or fasts from anything. We are gluttons I tell you!
- I took the kids to Stations of the Cross at St. Joan of Arc. All kids did really well which is what I was hoping for!
- Dave and Missy came to our house for their anniversary. Because where else would you go??? We went to COSI and the zoo. Missy enjoys planetariums so we went to the planetarium at COSI. They came to church with us and we watched a movie in the basement. It was such a great time!
- Jenna has had a quarter collection for a long time. Sarah recently started collecting pennies and then Matthew wanted to collect pennies as well. This caused arguments so we encouraged Matthew to collect nickels. So the kids now have coin collections. I'm not sure how long this will last but it has been fun so far.
- I just finished Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. It won second place in the goodreads award for science fiction. I loved it! So many twists and turns - I did not guess what would happen next. I'm on the list for the first place book but haven't gotten it yet. Yes, I have read all the teen fantasy and science fiction. Don't judge!
- I'm reading an apologetics Bible that I ordered from amazon (I love amazon!). It has some good answers to pressing questions and some lame ones. But I'm enjoying it.
- Since I have read all of Ilona Andrew's books I'm exploring some new authors. I've picked up some Mercedes Lackey books and Marie Lu. Hopefully they will be good.