Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How do you measure success?

For the past 5 years we have hosted and lead Bible study at our house and for 3 years we have made dinner for our Bible study. We have had regular attenders and they have been faithful. This year we decided to recruit more people. I sent 50 letters to neighbors, acquaintances, and other members of the church inviting them to our new study on Francis Chan's crazy love. I was excited that we could have some new people and maybe lead new people to Christ. I wanted to do something crazy and make an impact!

It hasn't happened. We didn't get any new people to come. Which makes me wonder - is this what I should be doing? How do you measure success when leading a small group?

I'm pondering this....

In other news:
We carved pumpkins from our garden and the girls had a great time. I also made pumpkin bread using those pumpkins and it turned out fantastic!
Carving pumpkins
 Both girls have decided to quit ballet for the year and do gymnastics instead. Since we don't want to overschedule our kids, we told them they could be in one activity. They both chose gymnastics instead of ballet so we are trying this now. I hope they both like it!
Jenna at gymnastics
Books I'm reading:

  1. Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. Our Coo* book club is still on this series. After this book we will pick up the final book in the Mistborn Trilogy. 
  2. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. This is the third book in the Heros of Olympus series. It was released Oct. 1 so it is brand new! And very good!
  3. Silverthorn by Raymond Feist. This is book 3 in the Riftwar Saga. Every book gets more exciting. I love this progression. 
78 points on Quiddler today

No comments: