Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Love me some July

Since Erik's parents have moved here, we are always out of room at the kitchen table. To provide more room, Erik bought a bench at Unfinished Wood and stained it to match our table. Now we can shove all 3 kids on one side of the table and still have enough room for 4 adults. They love it too (yes they are still wearing swimsuits while eating lunch). 
Our new bench!
 Last weekend we went camping to the Lazy River campground in Granville. We went here a few years ago and loved it. This was the best camping trip all year. The weather was amazing so we were able to play games at night and we made some fantastic food (more below). Behind our campground was a little river (creek/crick?) filled with rocks. It was picturesque. The kids liked the pool, but they really wanted to play in the river - and they did!
View from our campsite

I guess Matthew needs a change of clothes
 There is also a zipline at this campground that I really want to try sometime. I mentioned the food was good. On our last camping trip, Duane and Joy filled pie irons with taco seasonings and used corn tortillas to hold all the ingredients. We did the same thing except we used flour tortillas and stuffed the ingredients in a little pocket (see below). This was so delicious. Possibly the best camp food experience (not counting reeses smores). No we didn't put grapes or yoohoo in the tacos they just happened to be in the picture.
In other news:

  1. I really enjoy playing a game called Set. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play this game for almost 10 years since I am the only person who likes it. On my birthday last week, Erik, Tim and Jen relented and played set with me. Yipee!
  2. Our coo* book club is almost finished with American Gods. It's well written. I'm enjoying the book. But I still haven't decided if I like it.
  3. I finished the Unincorporated Man and I know that I liked that book.
  4. My friend Jon has published a book about True Dungeon. I'm excited to read this and am hoping he and Joel can publish more books!
  5. I'm facing some big decisions about my job. Just waiting right now to see what happens. 
  6. 72 points on Quiddler today

No comments: