Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Burned Easter Eggs and Hunts in the frigid air

I've missed you warm weather and sunshine. Oh how I long to see you again! It has been too long and every time I think we are done with winter, it's 20° again. I think we are about done though. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

We colored Easter Eggs with the neighbor boys Ben and Alex. Ben is in Matthew's preschool class.
Coloring Eggs
 I discovered something about making hard boiled eggs. You should not leave them on the stovetop too long. I set the eggs in water to boil and then got on a conference call. Next thing I know I heard something crack. I went to investigate and all the water had boiled out of the pan and the eggs were burned. These were the few I salvaged. Burning stinky eggs = not in the Easter spirit
burned eggs
 I have been babysitting a friend's son named Camden lately. He is also 4 and is good friends with Matthew. I took them to the New Hope Easter Egg hunt this past weekend.
Matthew would rather look at the bunny and Jesus
 It was freezing! While it was sunny outside, the temperature was COLD and I was not really excited to be outside so long.
Matthew and Camden with their eggs

Sarah and Jenna and their treasures
 Since Camden was over I also invited another little guy from church over - Nicholas. Matthew had a playdate with 2 friends and they had fun riding in the back of our car too.
Three little boys
 Today was warmer with the sunshine so we headed to the zoo and Culvers with Jen. I tried to snap a picture of the kids standing on these letters but the sunshine was so bright. Today was a perfect day for the zoo - the weather was wonderful.

prairie dog kids
 Grandma and the kids decorated cupcakes for Easter. The cupcakes are behind them and they were frosted with pink and yellow frosting and had tiny paper eggs and bunnies in them. It was so cute and the kids loved it. Then Jenna started singing little bunny foofoo and kept bonking the paper bunnies on the head. Hopefully Grandma was not horrified.
Easter cupcakes with Grandma

The kids wanted to take a silly picture too



In other news:

  • I am reading the Broken Eye by Brent Weeks. This is the third book in the Lightbringer series. His books are so well written, just like my bud Brandon
  • I'm also reading In Legend Born by Laura Resnick. This is a fun read and I'm really enjoying it.
  • Our book club voted to read Warbreaker so we will be reading that next. I have already read it so luckily I won't read ahead.
  • Jenna has been asking approximately 100 times a day for a hamster. She is saving up money by doing chores to earn her hamster. After Easter we will get her a hamster to end the constant requests. She is beyond ecstatic.
  • We went to see Third Day in concert two weeks ago. It was an amazing concert. They didn't sing my favorite song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwlCibGItok
  • Tickets to see Third Day were much cheaper than Taylor Swift. I know Jenna would love it but I can't spend $130 a ticket. Yikes! Maybe she can do chores and earn Taylor Swift tickets too. That's a lot of chores!
  • I noticed Jenna is wearing the same shirt in all these pics. Actually she does own different shirts but this is one of her favorites. 

1 comment:

DVK said...

Looking forward to hamster shenanigans...