Monday, February 01, 2016

Feb. 1 and already library fines...

We have exciting news! Our offer was accepted on our new rental house. We won't close until March 31st so we have to wait quite awhile but we are excited to get it. The house needs about $15000 of work, so we want to get in there and get started as soon as we Erik can. Even though it needs a lot of work, there is quite a bit of potential in the house. Right now we are waiting on the inspection, if they find major damage we will back out. So hopefully that goes well! This is the house link.

Now that I don't have to take my ring off to make bread, I've gone a little crazy. I made buns filled with oranges and pecans. Erik thought they were the best thing ever! So now I'm going to fill them with raspberry and pecans. He loves raspberry so this should be even better.  I could never be gluten free.... 
Orange pecan buns
 We played a new game called Cacao with the family. It is a new game we got for Christmas and we liked it. Matthew didn't want to play even though no reading was involved. We really need to get him into gaming!
playing cacao

Squirrel! Get out of my bird feeder :(
 I took both Jenna and Sarah's troops to our church to do yoga. They all set up mats and learned from Kate, a woman at our church who teaches Yoga at our Parks and Rec department. She was excellent and the kids loved yoga. My favorite part is corpse pose. She gave the girls each a lavender scented washcloth to put on their foreheads. It was so nice and relaxing (I got one too!).
Yoga

final relaxation!
 The past couple of days it has been 50° outside. So nice! The kids have been outside quite a bit, climbing the tree and going for hikes in the woods in the backyard (to find litter). The kids really love our woods, and I do too.
Three monkeys in a tree
In other news:

  1. The new series I have been reading is fantastic. The first book is called the Eighth Day by Dianne K. Salerni and it is a similar concept to Harry Potter and Percy Jackson where there is a normal world and a magical world that everyone else can't see. Except it is Merlin/King Arthur. I love Merlin stories!
  2. Our book club is finishing Override by the very famous Joel Cooper. I think it is begging for a sequel!
  3. Jenna brought home the Fifth Wave which is currently out in theaters. I read the book quickly since it had to go back to her teacher. I liked it - lots of action. It's another post-apocalyptic story. 
  4. I also picked up Knowing God by J.I. Packer. Our pastor talked about it at church one Sunday and I thought it sounded great. So far it has been an easy read.
  5. I'm also a good way through Conqueror's Moon by Julian May. I'm enjoying this book as well.
  6. It is February 1st and already I have failed on one of my New Years Resolutions. Yes - I have a library fine :(
  7. Hopefully I can keep my other resolutions! Buying another house was one of them so at least I've got that one down.

No comments: