Saturday, April 02, 2016

Getting a new house while everything breaks in our old house!

Erik was gone last week in Boston for training so naturally everything broke. We closed on our new rental house - which I'm so excited about! And Erik had to get a power of attorney so I could close without him. It was a pain but we were able to close. Then my washer and dryer broke. Actually our dryer has been broken for awhile but now that the washer broke - it was a mess. The water didn't drain and our house started smelling awful!  Luckily we got it repaired!

One thing that didn't break but was unfortunate was that Panda started peeing on the carpet in the kids room. Cat urine is particularly difficult to get out of carpet. We tried many things and finally Erik had to pergo the two front rooms in our house because we never did get the smell out. Yikes!
Matthew and Panda
 While Panda was marking all of his territory Twinkles decided her new favorite spot is on top of our refrigerator. She loves this spot.  Poor Panda is very old. He hobbles around and really doesn't look that great but he absolutely loves the kids!
Twinkles on top of the fridge - please ignore all the papers on our refrigerator!
Even though last week was busy with the stinky washer, stinky carpet, and closing on the house (not stinky), my parents kept the kids for 2 days. Erik was gone, the kids were gone so I was home alone. It was spectacular! I worked the entire time on my new Android class and went to zumba - Yay. I only have 2 more labs to design for my class so I've made quite a bit of progress.

One game everyone loves in our family is carcassone. Even though Jenna is not making a weird face, she still likes the game!
Playing carcassone
 I made this lemon meringue pie for Easter. It turned out pretty good and I was happy with it. Looks are everything you know.
Lemon meringue pie
 We love to play April fools jokes around here. I got a leek and put it in our sink. When we skyped Erik the kids showed the leek to him. He thought it was hilarious. Well - he thought it was hilarious when I showed it to him. He can't really look at the screen when he skypes with the kids since they move the phone around so much - it gives him motion sickness!
A leek in the sink.
 We have been working nonstop since we got the house. Erik and I spent all day at the house tearing out carpet, cleaning, mowing, and getting it ready for our tenant. The basement was "finished" however the person who finished it must not have owned a level since everything was crooked. Erik is tearing it all out. We had a good day but my back was so sore at the end of the day. Back again tomorrow though! We have a lot to do. Here is a link to our new rental house. It has a lot of potential especially once we get it painted, new carpet, and all the other upgrades we are doing!
Erik ripping out the basement. 
Our new house

2 comments:

DVK said...

White vinegar is your friend for the carpet. I think it's 25% white vinegar, 75% water. I think. Better google that ratio though.

Gina Cooper said...

We actually ripped it out. I'm hoping Erik will let us get new carpet now!