Tuesday, May 09, 2017

I don't need gasoline to run my car, I'll use scotch instead

 My jam business is really taking off! I have an order for 35 jars of apple jam. I tried a few different recipes to find one I liked the best. The one I liked the best was the one I came up with myself. So that gives me joy. Now that the Powell Village Winery has partnered with me to make blackberry merlot jam it is getting busy. Plus I need to ramp up for craft show season. I am thinking of replacing one of my normal jams with the apple jam. It's pretty good and not too sweet since I make it with granny smith apples and put 2 tsp of cinnamon in the batch.
Yummy apple jam
 I love to try new recipes. This can be good or it can backfire. Pretty much once a week I make some new recipe I find on pinterest. I made blackberry basil ricotta cheese pizza. This pizza was on pinterest and I thought it would be awesome. It was something. Not awesome.
Blackberry basil pizza looks better than it tastes
 May is always very busy with concerts, activities, end of year plans, writing workshop, enrichment day, pioneer day, field day, etc, etc, etc. I'm just crazy enough to add to the craziness!
Two weeks ago my co-leader and I for Sarah's troop took the troop to the zoo for an overnight. It was actually really well done. Sarah was picked to start the festivities. We got to tour the zoo in the evening when it was just us there and took a hike around in the morning by ourselves. They kept the girls busy until 11pm at night. Then wolves were howling all night so it was an interesting time.
Sarah at the zoo overnighter

Sarah's class hatched baby chicks
 This past weekend Dave was here for a conference. Jon and Michelle also came by and brought scotch. Jon is a big scotch fan and brought fancy scotch for everyone to try. Duane came over to sample the scotch as well. He brought 3 types: glenmorangie, ardbeg 10, and ardbeg uigeadail. The first type I tried and thought it was the worst food product I consumed in my entire life. It was worse than drinking kerosene. However I was wrong. The second product ardbeg 10 was even worse. I thought nothing could be worse than this. It was the most horrible thing I've ever consumed. I was wrong again. Ardbeg uigeadail was worse than drinking Satan's snot. For some unknown reason, everyone else seemed to like these "drinks". No thank you...
Drinking scotch for the first and last time (for me!)

Matthew's kindergarten concert. He is in the back in a blue shirt
 Because I love to add to the craziness - last weekend I coordinated a trip of 4th, 5th, and 6th graders from our church on an overnight trip to Skyview Ranch. There were 12 kids and 3 adults. It was actually an amazing time and the kids really loved it. I'm planning on doing this every year because I think it is a great ministry and I believe in building up the faith of middle schoolers.
club456 overnighter
In other news:

  • I loved the book Ready Player One. Anyone who grew up in the 80s and played video games would love it.
  • After the book I finished last night I have currently read all books by Ilona Andrews. I need some new authors to read.
  • I went to Stir Trek last Friday. It is a technology conference and I loved it! I met some great people and learned some new tips and tricks with C#. 
  • Every minute of the next two weeks is booked. I'm in charge of Pioneer Day for the third grade at our school, I have a conference next week and various other things. It's all good and fun things though so I'm hoping it will go by fast. Then it will be summer where we can relax!
  • This weekend I want to plant our garden. I'm not planting zucchini this year. Every year the squash beetle has eaten it. So take that squash beetle! No zucchini for you!

3 comments:

Beth White said...

We loved Ready Player One. We listened to it on two different car trips. When I worked I listened to audio books...don't remember many of them. The only one I can think of now is Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore: A Novel by Robin Sloan

Gina Cooper said...

OOh that sounds like a good book. I'll have to check it out - thanks for the recommendation ;). How are you doing? I miss you!!

DVK said...

RE: Scotch.
You are wrong.


end of line.