Monday, July 03, 2017

Michigan and Henry Ford

Last weekend we went up to Michigan for a fantastic camping trip. We stayed at Sterling State Park right on Lake Erie. It was beautiful. Except for the mayflies. They were NOT beautiful. And the Fermi Nuclear Power Plant. But other than that it was beautiful!
Fermi in the distance
 We arrived on Thursday to a swarm of mayflies. Luckily they were gone by Saturday. On Friday we went to the Henry Ford museum and toured the Ford Rouge plant. Both were really fun! The kids enjoyed seeing the Ford F-150s being built. Then we toured the Henry Ford museum and saw so much history. For dinner we met our friend Brad for Mediterranean cuisine and ice cream (of course!). He is on a summer mission trip in Detroit with Campus Crusade. It was great to see him and catch up.
Henry Ford museum
 We spent all day Saturday on the beach. There were so many seashells and the weather was perfect. It was glorious! We built 3 sandcastles together. I named Erik's the Pansy Palace. Mine was named the Stronghold of Artemis and Jenna's was named the House of the Hallows (it contained the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows). What a fantastic vacation!!
Lake Erie

One of the sandcastles

Matthew is buried!
 Because I am weird we had a rootbeer tasting with 8 different types. They were randomized so we did not know which cup held which type of rootbeer. The were:

  1. Great value
  2. Diet A&W
  3. A&W
  4. Virgils
  5. IBC
  6. Mug
  7. Stewarts
  8. Natural Brew
I liked IBC, Erik liked Virgils tied with IBC, Jenna liked Virgils, Sarah liked Great Value, and Matthew liked A&W. We (except Sarah) have expensive tastes!

Root beer tasting
In other news:

  • The new session just started on Sunday. And on Sunday I got a new class - yes SO last minute! However it is the Android programming class I have wanted to teach for years. I'm so excited to teach it!
  • Now I am managing 17 faculty. This is a lot. I am not sure I'm the best manager either. 
  • I took Jenna to see Wonder Woman. She really liked it! I loved it! The actress who plays her is phenomenal. 

No comments: