Thursday, September 14, 2006

Kumbaya




Last weekend we went camping with the Masts. It was Jenna's first time camping and sleeping in a tent. We all had a great time! It was hot during the day but cooled off significantly at night and was perfect camping weather. We made a fire, ate smores, played games by a lantern and had an excellent time! Until 3:30am when Jenna started screaming at the top of her lungs. We put her in the sleeping bag with us but didn't get her calmed down until 5am. She did end up going to sleep though and the rest of the night was uneventful.

She loved saying "tent" and "camp". We bought a three room tent with the side rooms big enough to hold a pack and play. So Jenna slept in one room with the pack and play and we slept in the other section. You could zip up the room also so she couldn't see us.

I've uploaded some pictures of our trip. It was great fun! This upcoming weekend Erik and I will celebrate our 9 year anniversary by going to Niagara Falls sans Jenna! She will be staying with my parents for the weekend while we sleep...I mean spend a fun fill weekend in Niagara Falls. I'm so excited for this trip and have been for a long time. It will be our first trip without Jenna and her first overnight trip away from us. I've been telling her all week that this is going to happen. Hopefully she'll remember.

These next few weeks will be very busy for me as I'm auditing two courses at Wright State. I'm taking Algorithms for Bioinformatics and Evolutionary Computation. Auditing means that I will not receive credit but I still attend class and do the work (if I so choose). That coupled with the three courses I am teaching and my research is making me busy. However I still have plenty of time to go camping and to Niagara Falls :).

Today I got 64 on Quiddler since I lost the D and R. Not a good showing today as the min score was 82.

Go Bucks!!

No comments: