Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Congrats David and Becca!

My brother-in-law David got engaged on Saturday to Becca. How exciting! I realized I didn't have any pictures of Becca so I included a picture of David with Jenna :). Anyway, David completely ignored all of my suggestions for proposals and asked her to marry him the old fashioned way! As long as she says yes - that's the most important thing! I still think he should have put the ring in an Easter Egg or a burrito!

We had a great Easter and the girls saw both sets of Grandparents as well as Aunt Missy and Aunt Amanda. Easter was also Sarah's 3 month birthday and here's a picture of her with the lamb. She's actually smiling in that picture if you can't tell. Once the girls get older I will get a set of Resurrection Eggs. They are supposed to share the story of Jesus's death and Resurrection in a way kids will understand.

In other news:
  1. We picked up our camper on Friday. It is so awesome!! However, it took Erik (not me - we would still be there if I was doing it) 45 minutes to back it into the miniscule parking spot we were given at the storage facility. We are looking for a new storage facility.
  2. I decided I wanted to make up my own recipe for Cranberry vanilla bread so I threw a bunch of ingredients together and baked two loaves (I want to submit the best to a quick bread contest). Unfortunately, after I took them out of the oven I left them on the stove top. Erik decided to make pasta and turned on the burner with the bread on it (even though there was a pot on a different burner). This loaf pan was one of those flexible loaf pans and apparently they do not like to be on burners. It caught fire and the whole house was filled with smoke. Oops!
  3. I can't get the song "Sarah Smile" by Hall and Oats out of my head. It's almost as bad as "If you like pina coladas...." That song I can NEVER get out of my head!
  4. I got a terrible score on Quiddler today. How can you make a good word with these letters: A, G, G, B, U, C, X, Q??? That is awful. So I only got 29 points :(.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sara Smile" - I love that you have it stuck in your head. I bought the Ultimate Hall & Oates collection (yes, that is really what it is called and surprisingly, it is kind of good). I will have to bring it with me next time I visit!

~Missy

Anonymous said...

Was that you leaving snarky comments? I would guess so. :) I don't really use the journalspace acc't, but it e-mailed me. I do most of my e-lurking these days over at http://myspace.com/ericstumpyjoegrim

My thoughts:
1.) The thing about the bread burning is hilarious, mostly because it wasn't me for once. (The subject of what belongs on the stove is a subject of great contention betwixt me and the wife. Prior to marriage, the stove was the BEST place to put paperwork!)
2.) Congrats on both the camper and the additional family. I have to admit, I wonder how you think he should've proposed? It's sweet, but I've always considered putting a ring in a glass or food "too risky" for that. More concerned with LOSING the ring than with a chipped tooth, but that is also a concern.
3.) Did you know I worked in radio? I did, for years in my youth, and you KNOW it's time to go when you think "The Pina Colada Song" by Rupert Holmes 'isn't THAT bad'. Conversely, even if you LIKE the Doobie Brothers, the 60th time you've heard "Minute by Minute" at 3am will make you want to kill yourself. :) (By extension, that might happen could be ALL Michael McDonald songs, I never tested the theory.)

All things considered, Hall & Oates wouldn't be bad to have stuck in my head, provided I actually knew the lyrics. (My, how I do go on!)
Best wishes,
Nullmuse