Tuesday, April 15, 2008

About those brownies...

Here are the brownies I referred to in my previous post. They are the best brownies recipe from allrecipes.com topped with marshmallows and chocolate frosting - yum! Then I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies (the winning recipe) since obviously I haven't had enough sweets lately.

In the comments many people rejoiced that they didn't have kids. I remember the days of working in industry when I'd go to work. Sit at my computer and read the news and my email. Do some work. If I wanted to talk to people I could, if I didn't I could veg out. There is no vegging out with a three year old. When I've been tired and my eyelids drooped, she has literally pulled open my eyelids so I could see her. Um....yeah.

Even so, they make me laugh every day. Sarah with her constant smiling and rolling over. I tried to get a video of her rolling over but she is too speedy!
I made another video (in all my copious spare time). Check it out and make sure you have sound on! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OV5FW1-Tso

I got 79 points in Quiddler today and got to make the word loathe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you show us the brownies and tell us it's the BEST recipe (which means you must've tried them all and plotted their merits on a spreadsheet), but then you don't link us to the recipe.

Well FINE! That's okay--I don't want brownies with marshmallows ANYWAY!

(For me, marshmallows on/in brownies is one of the RARE exceptions to the rule-"If you like A and you like B, A+B will probably be pretty good, too.")

>>In the comments many people rejoiced that they didn't have kids.

That wasn't me, I never said that.

I wish I had kids, but I'm often relieved I don't. Your entry doesn't make me glad I don't have kids....reading a story about some guy getting CPS called on him for spanking his kid in a Wal-Mart DOES, because that would SO be me on the six o'clock news. :D

-Nullmuse

Cheryl said...

Gina, You're right - there are many times busy moms wish they could have time to themselves. I know I did, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything. Now they are all grown up and I still miss the activity in the house, though I don't have the energy I had then. God knew that little children belong to younger people. :) However, I love the grandparent stage.
I also have that brownie recipe from my Clarks Grove cookbook. If you look, you will find it called Snow-Capped brownies. Yummy!!
love to all of you, Mom

Joel said...

Oh.
My.
Gosh.

I.
Want.
Those.
Brownies.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Nana

Anonymous said...

I second Joel's comment exactly. Drooling....

~Missy