Monday, July 13, 2009

I have a date!

Not that kind of date....I will be defending my dissertation on July 30 at 2pm. If you happen to think of me at that time, please say a prayer for me. My final rough draft :) of the dissertation is 203 pages. My advisor wanted me to keep it below 200 but I couldn't think of anything to take out.

We leave on Tuesday for Las Vegas too! I can't wait! I'll be presenting my paper on Thursday but we'll have some time before that to walk around and see the sights. I can't believe it's almost here.

I'll keep you posted. We just got a netbook for me to have when traveling!

1 comment:

John M. said...

Good Luck with your defense!! After reading this and about your trip to Vegas - which sounds like it was great - I just can't help the images of Rodney Dangerfield's "Back to School" movie with him and his Lit teacher reading all those books together - not to mention his three hour exam - here's to you doing much better than he did!:). Can't wait for Memories of Light: The Gathering Storm by Sanderson in November.