Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sprinkle

I was blessed this past weekend by my friends throwing a "sprinkle" for me. Not quite a shower (since this is baby 3) but an opportunity to get together and receive diapers and wipes. That's really what we need anyway. My friend Christine made a cute diaper cake (pictured). Erik was horrified and said that diapers and cake are two things that should definitely not go together. I think he missed the spirit of the diaper cake.


I snapped a picture of my friends at the Sprinkle (minus me and Joy). It was a fun time.
In other news:

  1. The OB thinks this baby is coming sooner rather than later. On Monday (June 7) she said I have about 7-10 days since I'm 3-4cm dilated. NO! I need until June 20 - that's when grades are due.
  2. Jenna had a sleepover at Nicholas's house last night. She had a wonderful time and was actually really upset when she came back home today. Apparently Nicholas's house is a lot more fun than ours.
  3. Jenna is done with preschool for the year and they had a pool party in one of her classmate's backyards. It was an amazing pool (I snapped a picture) and next to it was a koi pond. Gorgeous house! Not in our price range though :).
  4. Our watermelon and cucumbers are already starting to come up in our garden. I'm hoping to remember to water them after baby comes!
  5. I just finished The Madness Season by C.S.Friedman. I just love her books. They are so complex that sometimes I have to reread sections to really figure out what is going on. I always look forward to reading her books.
  6. I'm going to start on some Timothy Zahn books next. Apparently, according to Tim, his books are like bubble gum. This might be good after C.S.Friedman which is more like well done steak.
  7. 71 points on quiddler today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I have to agree with Erik on the diaper cake...gross. It was cute though, I am glad you posted a pic, because I did not want to attempt to create my own image.

I hope baby comes after June 20th for you and on a weekend, preferrably, so I can come visit. Can you make that happen? Thanks.

~Mishy