Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bath Time!


Matthew had his first bath on Thursday (the 24th) and is now a clean little baby. He screamed during the entire bath but was happy later when both his sisters brushed his hair.
Life with three kids is fun. What I've noticed is that there is no downtime. I've had a lot of help - thanks Mom!! But when I'm on my own, there is always something going on or some argument to break up or some naked 2 year old running around the house (really? do you have to pick this time to decide to potty train?).
I'm so thankful for the help we've received though. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it on my own full time :). Erik is wonderful and helps a lot too. He is very happy that I'm nursing too since he can sleep all night long!
I was always jealous of other women when they nursed and felt like a failure that I couldn't do it. The fact that I've been able to do it (even though it is painful!!) is such a blessing. I'm so happy we named him Matthew meaning "God's gift" because God has given me a gift to be able to nurse him.
Here is a video of Matthew hiccuping. It's not super exciting but I think he is cute so I took the video. The girls really do love him and I'm sure they will spoil him as they all get older.
65 points on Quiddler today!
Well off to attempt sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the third time is the charm for nursing. It took me 3 babies to really get it right too. Violet got it so right that I was never able to get her to take a bottle (even with breast milk in it). And it only hurts for a couple of weeks ;-)
--Linnea