Thursday, January 12, 2012

The FIRE!

Last Friday I came home from Zumba with Sarah and Matthew in the car. I pulled in the driveway as Sandy my mail lady was delivering a package. She said "I hope you get something good!". I said "it's probably for my husband since he is always ordering things."

Little did I know.

Erik looked at the package and said "you're going to like this". It was from J.Cooper. Huh?  Erik said it was an early birthday present. Apparently waaaay early since my birthday is in July.

I opened it.

Oh my!

It was a brand new Kindle Fire. Awww yea! 

We have been addicted to our new device. Actually Sarah has been addicted to it. Fortunately she hasn't installed any apps yet .  The girls call it an ipad because they are used to Uncle Dave and Aunt Becca's ipad.

Thank you Joel! 

What should I get Joel for his birthday?  A trip to Europe? A bugatti veyron? Head reduction surgery? Lifetime supply of reeces peanut butter cups? The sky's the limit!

I got some pictures from Becca from our time at the in-laws for Christmas I thought I'd post. David has made a cross stitch for every one of his nieces and nephews. He finished this really cute one for Sarah.  I didn't get a good picture though. If I was awesome at photoshop I'd fix it up.

Cross stitch created by David for Sarah

Uncle David and Sarah making Christmas ornaments

Me and Jenna making Christmas ornaments

Grandpa's 3 level train set. The girls love it!

Uncle David reading a Weird Al children's book to the girls

My favorite picture. Grandma's reaction when she saw the ultrasound of Dave and Becca's baby!
Since Erik has been crazily chopping wood for our new fireplace, he's been outside a lot. Touching lots of vines and things. And now he looks like a monster. His face and arms are completely covered with poison ivy. Every night he wakes up in the  middle of the night unable to sleep because he's so itchy. So he takes a bath in baking soda. I feel so bad for him.

I haven't been sleeping either but that's because my classes are killing me this session. I have 4 classes with 2 new preps. Three of them are an obscene amount of grading. Just trying to stay on top of them I'm up until after 1am every night. Yikes!

Please note: Jenna starts selling girl scout cookies on the 14th Please order soon :)

39 points on quiddler today. Not good :(

2 comments:

DVK said...

I vote Head reduction surgery.

Joel said...

I vote the Bugatti Veyron. Or, I'd take an Aston Martin Vanquish if you were looking to go a little cheaper.