Thursday, January 05, 2012

Grapefruit and Brioche

For Christmas Joel and Megan got me the Bread Bible. David had previously got me The Bread Machine Cookbook by the same author and I loved it so much I wanted the other book.  From the Bread Machine cookbook I've made many recipes (usually I just use the dough cycle and bake them in the oven so I can control it better and prevent the funky hole in the bottom of the bread). Anyway, I've made brioche several times from my bread machine book. In the Bread Bible, the recipe for brioche rolls requires the dough to rest 16 hours. Wow! I was curious as to why the dough would need to rest so long and what difference it would make.

Oh my!

These were the best rolls I've ever made! Restaurant quality for sure. They melted in your mouth. While you can't really taste them from the picture - they were truly divine.

Also in the picture you will notice the MASSIVE bag of grapefruit.
Brioche = Yum, Grapefruit !=Yum
Erik found this bag of grapefruit at Meijer for only $5. He is not on the grapefruit diet. However he has been eating 1-2 grapefruits every day. He's a little obsessed.



I don't like grapefruit.

In fact, I actively dislike grapefruit. This is how I feel about grapefruit (I wouldn't use the bad word though).

Every year we decorate a Gingerbread house for Christmas. We decorated this one after Christmas but it was still fun. Jenna and I love to decorate the house but Sarah spends the whole time asking if she can eat the candy....
Our Gingerbread house
 Matthew has reached 18 months now and is not talking. We had him evaluated by the Delaware County Help Me Grow and he qualified for speech and physical therapy. So we will have therapists to our house once a week helping Matthew talk. I wonder if they could get our girls to talk less....

If you are wondering if he's walking, check this out :).

Daddy reading to all the kids


93 points on Quiddler today

No comments: