Monday, October 28, 2013

Peanut butter bread - yum!

Erik took the kids to Trunk-or-Treat last night. The kids can walk around to different decorated car trunks and get candy. It's really all about candy this time of year.
Trunk or Treat
Since we returned from our French adventure, I've decided we need to eat less preservatives. One place we can easily cut out is bread. I've been making our sandwich bread. Homemade bread tastes better and has no preservatives.

Over the past few weeks I've made honey wheat bread (multiple times), brioche, croissants, pumpkin bread, banana bread, chocolate bread, and peanut butter sandwich bread.

The peanut butter bread was a great find on pinterest. It is AMAZING! I love sandwich bread and peanut butter - how much better can you get than peanut butter in your bread. So I made a peanut butter and nutella sandwich using peanut butter bread. Yup. That's heaven right there.

Here is the recipe I used:
1 1/4 cups water 
3 cups bread flour 
1/4 cup brown sugar 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup peanut butter 
1 tblsp active dry yeast


Unfortunately Erik didn't like it that much so I have a decision to make. Keep him or keep the bread. I'm not sure which I'll choose.

46 points on Quiddler today.



No comments: