Monday, October 14, 2013

Travel

Our trip was really the trip of a lifetime. We saw so much and really could have spent another week (month?) in Paris. I loved it so much. I've listed my top 20 favorite sites.
Versailles

Notre Dame at night

The Eiffel tower in the rain

On the Arc de Triomphe

  1. Eiffel Tower - more beautiful than I thought it would be
  2. Bike tour - riding bikes at night through the streets of Paris was wonderful
  3. Notre Dame - Beautiful yet creepy (ie gargoyles)
  4. Saint Chappelle - 1100 stained glass windows depicting scenes from the Bible
  5. Rue Cler Market - fresh fruit, baked goods, cheese, whatever you want!
  6. Versailles - ornate! The Hall of Mirrors is beautiful
  7. Boulangeries / Patisseries - Yum
  8. Creperies - Yum squared
  9. Boat ride on the Seine river - It rained and I still thought it was picturesque
  10. St. Sulpice - gorgeous church and even though the mass was in French, I knew what was going on
  11. Sacre Coeur - 300 steps to the top and the view was worth it
  12. Luxembourg Gardens - Lots of flowers and fountains 
  13. Louvre - The sculptures were the best part of the Louvre
  14. Arc de Triomphe - A nice view from the top, and you can see all the roads leading out from the Arc
  15. Orsay Museum - Impressive Impressionist art
  16. Champs Elysees walk - Lots of cutting edge stores and delicous food
  17. Shakespeare and Book Company - a fun little book shop
  18. Invalides - Napolean's tomb. Much bigger than I thought it would be
  19. Latin Quarter - Shops, souvenir places, creperies, and fun cafes
  20. Deportation Memorial - for the French victims of the holocaust
After our trip to France I wasted no time coming up with lists of other places I want to go. 

Here is a list of places I would like to take the kids to:
  1. Washington DC
  2. Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia
  3. Sacramento and Los Angeles, CA
  4. Maine (esp Acadia National Park)
  5. Colorado
  6. Yellowstone National Park
  7. New York City
  8. Mammoth Cave, KY
  9. Redwood National Park, CA
  10. Niagara Falls
  11. Biltmore Estate
  12. Mackinac Island
  13. Grand Canyon
  14. Cape Cod
  15. Blue Ridge Mountains, TN
Is there any place I'm missing? Should I take my kids somewhere else (besides Minnesota but we've already been there)

Places I want to visit that I have not been to (not including 48 states)
  1. Germany
  2. Greece
  3. New Zealand
  4. Hawaii
  5. Israel
  6. Alaska
  7. Spain
  8. Austria
  9. Sweden
  10. Scotland
  11. Australia
  12. Iceland
  13. Newfoundland/Quebec
  14. Denmark
  15. Russia
  16. Great wall of China and Hong Kong
  17. Egypt
  18. Morocco
  19. Poland
  20. Netherlands
This is my bucket list. Someday I'd like to visit all of these places!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bryce and Zion and Arches National Parks-Nana