Friday, February 14, 2014

We live north of the wall

It is cold. The kids have had a lot of snow days and this winter has been brutal. One good thing is that we have a wood stove. It really is the center of our family now. We always sit by the fire - every night. I actually enjoy sitting by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa. It almost makes me like winter....almost.
Napping by the fire
 Sarah had her Daisy Scout Tea Party with her troop. She is enjoying Girl scouts and so is Jenna. I like that they have made some friends in the troop. It's a lot of work from the leaders perspective though.
Sarah's Daisy Scout Tea Party
 I tried to get a few pictures of Matthew playing soccer. He is running around a lot though and the camera on my phone is not fantastic. He loves "locker" and is excited to go every week.
Soccer shot #1

Soccer shot #2
My job has become crazy busy. I'm in meetings all day and at night I grade and work with my students. I feel like I have 3 full time jobs: curriculum design, full time professor, and mom. I'm not sure I'm doing any of them well.

Tomorrow is Valentines Day but I did not buy Erik any chocolate like I usually do. His goal is to weigh less than 200 lbs and he has been doing a great job of not eating sweets. He is much slimmer too. I'm not ready to give up sweets yet. No such goals for me! I want candy for Valentines :)

78 on Quiddler today

No comments: