Thursday, July 03, 2014

Sarah's cinnamon muffins

This week has been break week for me. In between sessions I have had no grading, no discussions, no nightly lectures, no students calling and emailing at all hours. It has been *somewhat* relaxing. Next session we roll out a new course and I'm one of the developers on the course. Actually for the next few sessions we will roll out courses I have been developing. It will be an interesting time and very busy! Then in September I will have my session off. Yay!
Me and Matthew from our camping trip - he looks so happy
 Now that Sarah can read I thought it was about time that she started cooking. Today Sarah made cinnamon muffins. She made a whole lot more than were pictured but we already ate them ;). I put them in the oven and took them out but she did everything else (well I had to reach the eggs in the refrigerator for her since she doesn't have my excessive height).

Sarah's muffins came out great - I see future iron chef competitions between her and Jenna and Matthew once he starts cooking too!
Sarah's muffins
 We finished cat-sitting Theo the fluffy, lovable, silver, pure-bred cat and now we are cat-sitting Six. She is sleek, black, and lithe and looks almost like a black panther. Six is my old college roommate Kathy's cat. She is 17 years old and the last time we cat-sit her it was in our old house with Scruffles. She is not terribly friendly. She hisses at Twinkles and Panda and really only likes Erik. She always sits on his desk.
Six pic 1

Six pic 2
The girls went to a science camp at Inventure science. They did a potions class and Jenna was hoping Snape would not be the teacher (he wasn't - it was Gilderoy Lockhart).
Here are two videos of some of the things they did:
http://youtu.be/KFFmUQtjw7w
http://youtu.be/ihhjHEHs0jU
I'm going to put them in more science camps. They really loved it and learned a lot.

No comments: