Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Birthday of Cakes

My birthday was filled with cakes! The cakes I had were:
  1. Giant Eagle chocolate cake with white frosting. This cake my Mom bought with a picture of Thomas on it. Now Matthew thinks all cakes should have Thomas on them.
  2. A turtle ice cream cake at Jen's house. She bought me an ice cream cake - because she knows I love ice cream cakes. So when we went over to play board games I got more cake
  3. A chocolate peanut butter cake that I can only describe to my fellow peanut butter lovers (Dan, Joel I'm talking to you) as taste perfection. I have actually achieved taste perfection with this cake. The chocolate cake was very moist. The peanut butter buttercream was not too sweet but very peanut buttery and I poured chocolate ganache on top just for extra yumminess. This cake is peerless. 
Birthday at my parents house with a "Thomas" cake

Turtle cake at Tim and Jen's house

Matthew <3 trains

The birthday cake I made for myself - taste perfection!
I got lots of great presents including macarons from Duane and Joy. This was to celebrate our time in France!
French Macarons from Duane and Joy!

Most importantly I got a new netbook. Erik bought me an Asus transformer with Windows 8.1. Ever since Matthew destroyed my Windows 8 tablet I've had difficulty finding someone to repair the screen. Honestly - I thought this would be big business! Nope. 

So instead my wonderful husband bought me a new machine. It is charging as I write this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with Matthew all cakes should have Thomas or Princesses on them.Nana