Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Our new kitchen!

We have finished our kitchen remodeling project and I'm so pleased with the results. We came under budget yet the kitchen looks fantastic! We went from the cheapest laminate countertops to beautiful granite. We chose Venetian gold granite countertops and they are so beautiful. C&C Granite put our new countertops in. Then we hired a contractor to put in a tile backsplash. The backsplash is just as beautiful as the countertops! We bought the tile at Floor and Decor which had a lot of options (more than Lowes or Home Depot). We also replaced the secretary (who uses a desk in the kitchen?) with more cabinets.

Our kitchen before
 Then Erik sanded and stained all of the cabinets. ALL of the cabinets! It took him about 6 weeks and it looks amazing. He used Brown Mahogany Gel Stain and I'm so impressed with his work. Then we had it painted Interactive Cream from Sherwin Williams. Apparently yellow is not a hip color to paint  your walls - who knew? Instead our colors are black and tan. Erik kind of picked this (I wonder why?).
The secretary in our kitchen before
Our kitchen after
Our sink
 Our kitchen looks updated and I'm happy with the way it turned out. The one thing that everyone notices when they come to our house is the sink. The picture doesn't do it justice. We splurged on a  composite sink that is just one big tub. I had thought about getting the side by side sink but sometimes it is hard to fit a 9x13 pan in it. This sink is so deep - seriously I could take a bath in it! And it is beautiful. I really love our sink!
The non-secretary in our kitchen after


I'm so excited about our new kitchen. We have moved our small group to Sunday nights and now we are meeting every Sunday night. I still make dinner for everyone but now I can make dinner in our fancy new kitchen ;). Last week we had 11 adults and 7 kids at our study. It was a lot to fit in our house. Luckily my 3 quiches lasted for everyone.

I have lots of other projects for our house but one step at a time.

No comments: