Thursday, January 15, 2015

I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" How cute is that??? Sarah had her birthday party with friends last Saturday. There were 13 6 year old girls at our house. Yikes! We had a Dr. Seuss theme and decorated with the cat in the hat plates and napkins. Sarah has really liked Dr. Seuss ever since our trip to Universal in October.

Lots of little girls!
 For the party we had hop on popcorn, blue jello with swedish fish in it, pink yink ink (pink lemonade) and cat in the hat kabobs (marshmallows and strawberries). We also had pizza but the little girls didn't eat it. They filled up on popcorn and cake.
The table
 We had a green eggs and ham egg hunt and played a fishing game. The girls also made their own truffala trees from the book the Lorax. It was a packed party and we all had a blast. I think Sarah had a great time!
Sarah next to her cake

A really cute cake!

Sarah decided to quit gymnastics and start Tae Kwon Do. It has been great for her especially since she is doing something different from Jenna. She really likes tae kwon do as well. She has also gotten into pokemon. I think she will be a little gamer. Matthew started gymnastics too. They both love their new classes. Matthew asks all the time if it is Tuesday for him to go to gymnastics.
Sarah is a white belt!




In other news:

  • The Buckeyes are National Champions in college football. Yipee!The game was fantastic and all of Columbus is on a high now. I was so excited we won!
  • The kids have been back in school all week. I'm glad to be back in a routine. It was nice for the break and them to be home a few more days, but I really needed to get to the Y and do my workout classes. I miss it when I can't work out!
  • On that note, I am not making any New Years resolutions to eat healthy or go on any cleanses. I've discovered from doing these cleanses the past two years that I can starve myself for two weeks and lose a few pounds. Or I can eat whatever I want and look like this. I'm getting close to 40 and starting to care less...
  • I'm reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness I'm liking the book and ordered the second and third from the library. 
  • I also ordered Joseph Delaney's book: The Last Apprentice from the library. There is a movie coming out called the Seventh Son based on this book. Not that I would actually go to a movie, but I thought I'd read it anyway.
  • Our book club is reading City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett. We have just started reading so we haven't gotten into it much yet.
  • I started a new Bible study called Breathe by Priscilla Shirer. It is about the Sabbath and taking rest. We all need this study and I think it will be great. 
  • 82 points on quiddler today

No comments: