Monday, January 26, 2015

Jenna is 10

I can't believe my baby is 10. Time has gone by way too fast. I'll blink again and she'll be 20. Jenna turned 10 on January 20th. For her birthday she had a Harry Potter themed sleepover. So we had 8 10 year old girls at our house for a sleepover. Yikes! They got moustaches and Harry Potter glasses and Bertie Botts every flavor beans. We did some crafts and watched Harry Potter. I attempted to make a castle cake that didn't quite look like a castle. The girls ate it anyway. 

crafts at Jenna's party
 Jenna had a great birthday however I don't think we will have that many girls over in the future. It was crowded. Erik went to the neighbors house. I think he needed to escape.
The castle cake: Marissa, Jenna, Ashley, Grace, Abigail, and Paige (Saatvika, Leah, Lauren are not in the picture)
Geocaching
 I've done a lot of girl scout activities. As the leader for both troops I've been involved with and organized many activities. Last weekend we did a geocaching through the snow activity with the Girl Scouts. It was my favorite of any GS activity. The girls loved it too. There were many troops competing and we won! This is a picture of my team searching for our cache in the woods. This was such a fun time!  Maybe we can do this as a family now!
Grandpa and Jenna celebrate with a much yummier chocolate cake made by Grandma
 My friend Jen invited me over for a tea party with her china! We watched Downton Abbey and ate goodies and drank tea. I thought it was fantastic! And so pretty. Unfortunately DA is on Sunday nights. My student's labs are due on Sunday night and they ALWAYS wait until the last minute. I had 3 students call me during Downton Abbey. Really??? Do you have to wait until the very last minute to do your lab and bug your teacher during my very important TV show?
Fancy tea!
 We have played several games together as a family but Transamerica has become our favorite. Matthew can play too which is a big hit. He loves the little tracks and makes his own game while the four of us play. Hopefully he will be able to play the game for real soon. Although it does say 8 and up (technically Sarah has been playing since she was 6).
Transamerica and hot cocoa
 We met my parents at Bob Evans in Mansfield to celebrate Jenna's birthday. Yes - she had 3 cakes!! It was fun to see them and on the way home Jenna wished we could see my family more. The good thing is that we have lots of trips planned soon to visit them!
Birthday celebration with my family
In other news:

  • All the books I'm reading now are interesting. Sometimes our book club books are less than stellar or I'm reading something from the library that is meh. Now I like everything. I'm reading: City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennet, Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (book 2 in Discovery of Witches), Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan, and Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney. Yet for some reason I can't get my work done? 
  • I'm two weeks behind on my course development (see bullet 1) but I'm muddling through. Next session I'm going to be teaching onsite. This will be interesting since I haven't taught onsite in a year and a half.
  • 82 on quiddler today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will try to make an effort to see the kids, notice I said the kids, more. Nana