Monday, September 14, 2015

Football and the Golden Girls

One would assume that since Sept-October is my session off from teaching that I would be getting a lot done around the house and getting a lot of rest. Nope. Not at all. Sitting in front of the TV watching Golden Girls reruns has been my main activity as of late.

I feel lazier than normal. Not teaching is such an amazing break. I love my job - especially when I'm not doing it. 

Things have been exciting with my sign business. We now have a website: www.redbarrelcrafts.com
Hopefully we will sell a lot at our craft show. If not, we will pack up our business and cut our losses. I'm hoping for a better outcome though!
Sarah's summer attire
 School has been going well although the kids have been in school a month and Sarah still hasn't had homework. Jenna has had homework every night which is a change from every other year when she barely had any. She has also quit gymnastics and isn't interested in any other activity. So maybe she just wants a break. Sarah is doing tae kwon do and is loving it!
Jenna at cozy cat cottage
 Matthew has been playing football. He is on the Raven Tigers team and they are all 5 year old boys. It's pretty cute since they sometimes run the wrong way or just stand there. When Matthew was the running back he ran a little bit until someone took his flag, then he took off and ran really fast with the ball. Of course, no one was chasing him since they already took his flag! He is really enjoying it.
Matthew playing center

Matthew as the running back
In other news:

  1. Our book club finished the Magician. The main character was OK. The author is a good storyteller but I didn't love the main character. I got the second book but we will see.
  2. I just finished the Maze Runner and gave it to Jenna to read. I'm interested to see what happens in the second book but I've heard it is pretty scary. 
  3. Jenna read the Hunger Games and Catching Fire in 3 days. She liked them quite a bit but we will wait on Mockingjay. That really didn't seem like a young adult book to me.
  4. I am in the middle of Heartless which is the fourth book in the Parasol Protectorate. I'm loving this series too. 
  5. My two main goals for my session off is to learn Android and write a paper for a conference. I've gone through these Android tutorials however I need an actual project - just doing the tutorials is not enough (in my opinion). My paper is not doing much now. Or rather I'm not doing much on it. Like I said, Golden Girls reruns..... man we have fallen far!
  6. I haven't been running lately. Instead I've been doing yoga, zumba, and spinning. At some point I'll go back to running but I don't love it as much as other exercise. 

1 comment:

DVK said...

Sounds like a good start to fall