Saturday, July 01, 2006

Hooray July!!


July is here! My favorite month! Yea!! You can't go wrong with fireworks and my birthday :). Tomorrow we are having a cookout. I love 4th of July cookouts (well this one will be on the 2nd of July). I made a really cool dessert with three layers of jello: red, white and blue. It should taste okay (I'm not much into jello) but it is pretty. Jenna helped me make cupcakes today. "helped". I give her a measuring cup and usually put some sugar or flour or something for her to make a mess with. She seems to love it.

I wanted to upload a picture of our chocolate tasting. It was so fun! Hopefully you can see the detail. It is complete with empty wrappers on the side :). Erik and I really enjoyed tasting the different chocolates.

I'm currently working through the Bible study "Calm My Anxious Heart". I just finished week 7 on life's purpose. What a powerful study!! I'm amazed that sometimes I just move from activity to activity not thinking about who I want to be when I'm 80 and how I can get there. This study helped me write out a purpose for my life. I based my life on a few different verses:
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. ~Micah 6:8

Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. ~1Peter 3:4

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, ~Phil 1:9-10

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~1Thess 5:16-18

What a great study! I've learned so much already and we haven't started the study officially!!
In other news, I got 69 on Quiddler with a max score of 62 - yea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More pictures of Jenna