Monday, September 24, 2007

Caramel Cupcakes Crash

In all my culinary skill, I was unable to create a delicious caramel cupcake. I made a regular cake mix (yellow cake) and thought it would be a great idea to put a caramel in the middle. So I peeled the caramel and put it in the middle of the batter. I assumed that baking the cupcake for 15-18 minutes would be enough to melt the caramel so it would no longer be hard to chew. I assumed wrong. My cupcakes were not good. ERIK WOULD NOT EVEN EAT THEM! He said they were the wrong consistency. You have soft cake then a really hard caramel piece in the middle. I tried to take a picture so you could view my cooking failure, but I think I've even failed at the picture.

So I took a picture of my cute daughter as well. Look at those dimples!

In other news:
  1. Potty training has been unsuccessful. Even the pull of Strawberry Shortcake underwear is lost on her.
  2. I finished "The King in the Window" and absolutely loved the book! I recommend it to anyone who is a kid at heart
  3. I am now reading "God is Closer than you Think" by John Ortberg and love it!! God has been speaking to me so much through it lately. And he's been bringing that story of Mary and Martha to me. Yes -I'm Martha!!! Worried and distracted by many things.
  4. Today is National Punctuation Day. This is actually a day that should be recognized. In the world of IM, punctuation is lost - poor commas :(. Don't get me started on grammar though - its, it's, your, you're, lose, and loose, to, two, too... AAAAH! My students think butchering the English language is a grand idea.
  5. I've been going to cycling class lately at the gym and am really enjoying it. Especially since I bought a fancy gel pad. Now my bottom can handle the rigor of cycling :).
  6. I got 55 points on Quiddler today because apparently nyl is not a word. I know nil is a word, it's just a spelling variation right?

2 comments:

Scionic said...

You know, I've had this dream, much like your cupcake, to make a double chocolate sheet cake. Two cake layers, and the middle filled with hershey bars...I wonder if this would happen there too..like, a resolidification. P'raps it would have to be a sauce made with hershey bars or something, although I eally hope someday I can get it to work. I should actually try it if I'm gonna.

-Jon

Joel said...

Now I'm getting hungry.