Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Early Christmas Present



Sarah Noelle Cooper was born on Dec. 23 at 8:19pm in what was probably one of the best delivery experiences ever!!
I went into the hospital at 3pm on the 23rd because I thought my water had broken. It turns out my water hadn't broken but I was 4cm dilated and having contractions. So the doctor decided to keep me there and break my water for me.

I had driven to the hospital (St. Ann's) by myself since I thought they would probably just send me home. Instead, I called Erik and said "we're having the baby today! Yipee!!".

Erik packed up Jenna and took her to Erica Daily's house. Erica watched Jenna the rest of the day and the next morning while we were at the hospital. Jenna had a good time there :). Then my sister Amanda took over.
Thanks Erica and Amanda!!!

After dropping her off, Erik got to the hospital around 5pm. At 5:30pm the doctor broke my water with a knitting needle (well...that's what it looked like). At around 6:30 I got an epidural and contractions were pretty intense.

The doctor arrived at 8:10pm after two contractions of pushing and 9 minutes, Sarah was born!! She cried immediately and had a very purple face. It turns out that if labor is that fast and you push that hard, the babies get pretty bruised. Oops.

Compared to my last delivery, this was wonderful. I'd have babies all the time if the delivery could be like this (maybe I should consult Erik first....). Praise God!! I feel like all my prayers were answered with little Sarah. She is such a joy and has a full head of dark brown hair. Sarah was able to be with us the entire time (unlike the last time when they whisked Jenna off to the NICU and I didn't see her for a few hours).

I've already eaten the following forbidden foods:
  1. donuts from Tim Hortons
  2. donut holes
  3. Reeces cups
  4. Kit kats
  5. Fast break bar
  6. M&Ms
  7. Apple, orange, and cranberry juice
  8. potatos
  9. bread
  10. pudding

All things I couldn't eat before!!

We were able to leave the hospital today (Christmas) and we even opened our stocking gifts. It has been a wonderful experience. One thing we do need to check tomorrow is her bilirubin levels in case she has jaundice. Babies who are that bruised often have jaundice. We will be praying she does not have it. Our wonderful pediatrician Dr. Franks, prayed for her today in the hospital too. How awesome!!

Psalm 127: 3 says "Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,The fruit of the womb is a reward." I have been so richly blessed with my 2 beautiful girls!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's the best kind of Christmas present you could have.

Good to hear everything worked out fine, that your delivery was fairly easy, and again, congratulations and Merry Christmas!!! (Happy Kwanza too, I suppose.)
-Nullmuse