Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bountiful Harvest


Check out this massive harvest I got from my garden! Two cherry tomatos and a pepper. We could just skip going to the grocery store now and live off the land - I'm a gardener!!!

Sarah is 7 months old today - she's over the hill. I (of course) got a picture of her with the lamb and one of her outside on her swing. She loves her swing. She's really this happy all the time. I'm so blessed!

We went camping last weekend at Alum Creek State park and had an awesome time! There were nature programs for kids and I learned that a daddy long legs is actually not a spider. Could have fooled me! During camping I worked through several chapters of my Battlefield of the Mind study. It has encouraged me to abide in the Word. And God impressed on my heart to encourage our whole family in this. So I am going to try and have weekly memory verses for our family. Since Jenna has shown her memory ability with the Lord's prayer - I think she can memorize Bible verses too!

Books:
Well I'm about finished with the first Thomas Covenant book but I don't think I'll read the next two in the series. It's like reading a book narrated by Marvin.
Erik bought me New Spring which is the prequel to Wheel of Time. I'm excited to read this one! And I've also started on Mistborn, a book written by Brandon Sanderson - the author who will finish the last Wheel of Time book.
I read part of Michael Pollen's book "In Defense of Food" but couldn't finish it before the time expired - I had downloaded it as an audio book for my mp3 player.

Speaking of my mp3 player. I decided to go running last night. When I was in my 20s I weighed less than 110 lbs and used to run all the time. I was in decent shape (not great). Well Jon has inspired me to try and get back in shape. I ran last night and managed 1 1/2 miles even though I haven't run in years!! I'm also having fun tracking my eating habits on the daily plate. Here's my profile.

5 comments:

Tim Mast said...

Gina,

I keep telling you that the Thomas Covenant books don't get good until the middle of the second book. Think of the first one as an extended introduction.

Anonymous said...

You grew a smiley face. Or maybe an indifferent face. :) Lili turns 7 months on Sunday. We are loving this "happy all the time" phase - it's been going on for about 2 weeks now. Everyone told us that we'd notice a big change between 6 months and 7 months. Is Sarah crawling yet? Lili is decidedly not crawling but still wants to get into everything. She's more of a lunger. :) Good luck with running - I've started again as well, also under the influence of Jon. :)

Gina Cooper said...

Tim ~ I have a track record for not listening to your advice on books (Mallorean) *smile*

Gina Cooper said...

Eric ~ Sarah is "somewhat" crawling. She can get anywhere but it doesn't actually look like crawling, more like some yoga move that I couldn't do. Good luck with the running!! Sarah is happy all the time too :)

Scionic said...

That is a bounty indeed! Maybe you should start a farmer's market!!

Congrats on the running as well! I'm honored to be such an inspiration to the masses. Actually, I attribute my inspiration to Minvasive. Apparently, we inspire each other. It's a cycle of inspiration. You're welcome in our little cycle Gina! :)