Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grandada

Erik's Grandfather passed away on Sunday. He lived in Colorado Springs and was something of a renaissance man. He was the pastor of a small church for many years, a beekeeper, and he climbed mountains (well into his 70s!). Since he lived far away he had never met the girls and I had only met him a handful of times. Even so, Erik was close to him and will fly out tomorrow to go to the funeral. We will miss him!

Switching gears, I made this blueberry crisp and took a picture of it. Yum. Blueberries are in season and so delicious! We warmed it up with a big of ice cream - fantastic!

I stayed up until 4:30 am on Friday night and 3:30am again last night reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. He will be completing the last book of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and I'm very excited. This book was fun and enjoyable and (obviously) I could not put it down. I highly recommend Mistborn - it's magic system is unique and while not as complex with as many plot turns as a Martin book, it was well written.

Down to my prepregnancy weight! Yea!! Erik has a goal to lose 32 pounds now too. We've all got the fever!

I got 65 on Quiddler today and did not even make any extra point words - bummer :(.

2 comments:

Scionic said...

This is a late comment, since you posted this days ago, but I wanted to jump in and add my encouragement to your fitness endeavors! You guys rock and I can't wait to see how awesome you both look. I mean, you guys are like Hercules and Xena anyway, but now you're going to be impossible to look upon without going blind! Good luck!!

-J

Scionic said...

Oh, and that looks really tasty.
-J