Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One little monkey, sitting on the dishwasher....

Sarah has turned into a monkey. We are wondering if she is part monkey, part cute toddler. We've found her climbing the shelves of the pantry, climbing the shelves of our bathroom closet, climbing on the table in the playroom, etc. She is everywhere. And she likes bananas. It's looking more and more like she's a monkey. Bananas + climbing = monkey. This is really all the evidence I need.

David and Becca are now board certified pediatricians. Congratulations!! Of course, I need to throw in this picture of him holding Sarah upside down very unsafe like :).
We have continued to sit by the fire at night and drink hot chocolate. Usually I make the hot chocolate with my very special mixture of 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/4 cup sugar. Tonight Erik made it using 1 1/2 cups milk 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 1/4 cup sugar. It was pretty dark - still yummy though. We often try to be "peaceful" while sitting by the fire. I've included a picture of Erik laying "peacefully" by the fire while the girls climb all over him. This is a regular occurrence. (by the way, I love the word "occurrence")

So I'm sure you're thinking - stop it with the salty caramel already!! I decided to make salty caramel chocolate bread. Prior times that I've used the packaged caramels in baked goods they hardened too much. So this time, I cut the caramels into small pieces, coated them in flour, and made a basic chocolate bread and added sea salt. The bread had a good taste but I used milk as the liquid which made it too crumbly (I thought milk would go well with the chocolate). Next time I'll use oil. We'll see how it goes :).

I got 61 on Quiddler today. Doo was not a word. Sounds like a word to me!










No comments: