Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wildflowers, Kitty Cats, and Drums

Happy New Year! 2009 is only 3 years away from the world ending according to the Mayan Calendar (this is something we watched on the history channel so it must be true) in 2012. We spent New Years at Erik's parents house in Morgantown. Erik's dad has a huge train set (see picture) with three trains and a whole village accompanying it. It's quite a setup that both girls loved!

For Christmas, Jenna got a "Create your Own Storybook" present from Dave and Becca. Jenna had a blast! We spent an entire day working on this story "The Princess and the Wildflowers" and Jenna made up the whole story herself. She thoroughly enjoyed it! My favorite page had the following text (she told me and I wrote it down) "The castle was covered with wild things like wildflowers, kitty cats, and drums". Ummm....yea.


In other news:
  1. I got 77 on Quiddler today but it wouldn't let me use the word "grok". That is so obviously a word! Apparently I don't grok the English language.
  2. I had to change my Lasik date to Friday Feb. 13. Sounds ominous to have surgery scheduled for Friday the 13th.
  3. Erik has become quite the chef lately and made coconut potatoes for dinner one night. Not a combination I would have thought of but it was quite good!
  4. Tuesday night was one of the worst first day of classes I've had yet. Of course I found out I was teaching Tuesday on Monday and thus was not prepared, but so much went wrong last night (my syllabus was wrong, the students could not log in to our class on the online system, software was not working, etc, etc, etc!) - I hope the rest of this semester goes well.
  5. I read the second Twilight book (New Moon) in 1 day. It has 563 pages. So I've decided to stop reading fiction for awhile lest I neglect my family. Let's see how long that while lasts....


1 comment:

Dave said...

Can you send me a picture of the wild drum plant? Is it a snare or bass drum? And what if you pick a drum before it's ripe, does it still make noise?