Sunday, April 19, 2009

Exercising Dreams

As we played squash the other day, I was thinking of my favorite exercises. So of course, I decided to compile a top ten list of my favorite exercises.
  1. Squash - so much awesomeness!
  2. Hiking - outdoors + walking = fun
  3. Walking - anywhere, anytime!
  4. Swimming - I love swimming!! It would be higher if I didn't have to shave my legs :)
  5. Aerobics - I've done aerobics since I was 13 and have always loved it!
  6. Tennis - racquets + outside = fun
  7. Elliptical trainer - workout + listening to books on my mp3 player :)
  8. Racquetball - a fun racquet sport - not as much fun as squash or tennis though
  9. Sit ups - I'm a glutton for punishment. I love situps for some reason?
  10. Stretching/Pilates - I've done pilates at Wright state and loved it. Stretching always makes me feel good afterwards

Golf - as you notice is not on here even though it involves outside and walking. It's not on here because golf is not fun. Bicycling is also not on here as it always hurts my bottom. I loved it as a kid but I don't have a tough bottom anymore.

Also, I was thinking of some dreams I have for myself, family, community and world and thought I would share these as well. Maybe these dreams will never happen, but if I know my dreams, maybe I can work towards them and come one step closer.

A dream for myself - to earn my PhD

A dream for my family - to all become followers of Jesus Christ

A dream for my community - no one would go hungry

A dream for the world - the end of abortion

So now that I know my dreams. I can work to accomplish them. When I asked Erik what his dream for himself was, he said he wanted to live in a castle. Well....we'll see about that one. His dreams for community and world were that our world would be a safe place.

73 on Quiddler today.

No comments: