Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My psycho crazy baby

Easter was glorious! We all packed up and drove to Cleveland to cram into Missy's condo. It was an amazing time of bonding as sisters and as sisters in Christ. Praise God my two sisters are Christ followers! We had a blast. And hopefully Erik wasn't overwhelmed with estrogen.

We attended Missy's church called Church on the Rise. It was definitely a great service for Easter!

Then we left the girls with my parents for two days. And Erik took a 2 hour nap. I made homemade pasta with my pasta maker and put fresh rosemary in it. Then I stuffed the pasta with fresh mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and italian seasoning. Fantastic! We had that paired with pinot noir for lunch. Since I was teaching Monday night I had pb&j for dinner but at least we had a great lunch!

Sarah has become psycho crazy baby. I say this with the utmost affection. Here are my reasons for why my daughter is psycho crazy baby:
  • She RUNS! She is 15 months - how can she run already?
  • She runs away from me, particularly in public places, and very fast. I'm 33 - I should be able to keep up with a 15 month old.
  • She climbs on the table and eats directly out of the salt shaker
  • She grabs goldfish out of the box under the secretary and just snacks whenever she feels like it.
  • She walks up to anyone, ANYONE, and puts her arms up so they will pick her up (grandparents, aunts, friends, waitresses at Der Dutchmann, random strangers...)
  • She mooches food off of anyone who looks at her
  • She climbs the backs of chairs
  • Her "hugs" for Scruffles look like some form of torture
  • She eats crayons, dirt, soap, soap bubbles, pens, and anything else that looks tasty

Even so, I still think she is absolutely adorable and I love her more every day. I haven't queried Erik or Jenna to see if they feel the same.

I just finished "Your Best Life Now" by Joel Osteen. Very motivational book - I hope I can live out the principles he talked about in the book to live my best life :).


54 on Quiddler today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want some of that lunch, it sounds/looks yummy!

I had a wonderful time with your amazing family! I hope the batteries are still going strong on the "gifts" I got the girls!

~Missy