Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Buckeye Lake

Last weekend we went camping at Buckeye Lake with the Masts. The weather was perfect and we had a fabulous time. Since we won't be doing much camping this summer (due to new baby), we rented a cabin instead of getting our camper out of storage.
On Saturday we went to Buckeye Lake and walked around the lake. We saw baby geese and lots of litter. To Jenna and Nicholas, the litter was the most exciting part of the trip. Buckeye Lake KOA has a jumping pillow and the kids had a great time jumping on it. Unfortunately I was unable to jump since pregnant women can not go on the jumping pillow - bummer.

We also celebrated Maddie's first birthday and Emmerich's 3rd birthday. Jen made a poke cake with red and blue jello. The girls loved it. Both nights they were up very late but they had so much fun, it was worth it!
On Sunday Jenna had her rehearsal for her ballet recital this Sunday. I can't wait (I might be more excited than she is). We are ordering the DVD so we can watch her recital over and over again! Sarah keeps talking about doing "bayyet" so we will most likely put her in ballet next year too.
In other news:
  1. I've started reading Act of War by Dale Brown. This is an author recommended by Tim, and I'm enjoying the book. Although I wonder if he gets mixed up with Dan Brown.
  2. I'm reading Beowulf's Children by Niven, Pournelle, and Barnes. It is the sequel to Legacy of Heorot and is also a great book. I've liked everything I've read by Niven and Pournelle.
  3. I'm already packed for the hospital. I'm so excited to meet this little one!
  4. Erik's picture is in the Catholic Times newspaper. While I was in Chicago for work, Erik went to the PDHC volunteer banquet for me and he happened to be featured in the newspaper. I thought that was pretty cool!
  5. 73 on Quiddler today - not that great.
  6. I made baked beans from scratch for our Bible study and they were the most flavorless baked beans ever. I reheated them with an entire bottle of barbecue sauce and it made them much better!


No comments: