Saturday, May 01, 2010

Eating dinner with the giraffes.

So obviously the first picture I should post after my 3 day faculty symposium in Chicago is one of the food :). I flew out to Chicago April 22 and got back on Sat. April 24. I went with 5 other faculty and had a wonderful time! On Friday night we had dinner at the Chicago zoo. I've included a picture of me and John, one of the math faculty who went to the symposium too and a great friend of mine (people who read Tolkien, Jordan, Eddings, etc = cool).
At the zoo we had a great dinner (shown) with bananas foster for dessert. The chef actually lit it on fire - that was pretty awesome!
I came home to see my family and Erik had prepared an awesome dinner of homemade tortellini with pesto, tomatoes and scallops. Yum!

On Wednesday, my friend Nicole dropped off a huge bag of play dresses. This has been loved! Very much so! The girls love putting the dresses on and dancing around. Although I'm a little concerned about this love of fashion (I am not a fashionista!). I hope I can be a good Mom - certainly not a fashion role model!
Before Nicholas came over the other day, Jenna held up two play dresses and asked which one she should wear. Is this supposed to happen this early?
My diabetes has been under control all week. I have not had a reading above 116 all week long. I think that I've been a lot less stressed lately - and I've been eating a lot of ice cream and yummies like that. I took another 4 mile bike ride too. I'm feeling great now!
72 points on Quiddler today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love their dresses. Theylook so cute. Nana

Anonymous said...

Does Nicole have any dresses that could fit Aunt Missy, because you know I would be all up in that dressing up. What is wrong with a little love of fashion, Aunt Missy turned out just fine ;-)

~Missy

Cheryl said...

Great dresses. Can't wait to see them sometime.

Gina, I really like your new blog design - good work.

Will talk to you soon,
love, Mom