Friday, July 23, 2010

One Month Birthday!


Little Dude is not so little. Today he had his 1 month checkup and we found out that he weighs 10lbs 14oz. In one month he went from 8lbs 2oz to 10lbs 14oz. That's pretty impressive. No wonder I can't keep up with him (in milk production that is, not in physical activity).
As with the girls, we took a picture of him with his horse to show his growth. We will continue this for a year to show how he is progressing. This outfit is particularly cute - I love the fish. There's even a big orange fish on his bottom - too cute!
Warning - these next few paragraphs talk about my surgery. If gaping holes in breasts gross you out, don't read this:
I was wrong about getting the gaping hole in my breast stitched up. The surgeon said he is letting it heal on its own and will take a few more weeks. It feels much better now. The Tuesday before I had surgery, I was in tears much of the day due to the pain. Erik has been changing the dressing on "stupid boob" twice a day (that's what he calls it).
Erik also said "having seen the outside of your breast and the inside of your breast, I much prefer the outside." This comment is a good representative of Erik's sense of humor. This is why I love him. No matter what - he can see the lighter side of anything.
I have not been producing enough milk to feed Matthew. This is very sad considering after I had Sarah I had so much extra milk I sent it to Africa. Fortunately two of my friends, Joy and Erica have given me some of their breastmilk to give Matthew. I have tried nursing him several times but he hasn't nursed for long.
I did terrible on Quiddler today, only earning 41 points since I lost the Q. Apparently QED is not a word. Hello? Have they never done a proof?

5 comments:

YarninMama said...

Gina - He is so beautiful. I hope I can see him before he gets too old. I'm so sorry that you are having such breast / nursing issues. When I nursed Caden, he really sucked me dry. I couldn't stockpile any breast milk for when I was away. Some boys are just heavy eaters.

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is huge! He is still cute too.

Gina, you need to update your summary about you, no mention of Matthew. Geez, how long do you need to be alive to get on that summary? It's my job to point this stuff out, hard-core QA in the hizzous (that means house, G).

~Missy

Gina Cooper said...

I do think Matthew is a heavy eater. He eats twice as much as the girls did!!

Missy - who uses words like hizzous? Can I use that word in scrabble or quiddler?

Anonymous said...

FYI, Snoop Dogg uses hizzous, fo' shizzle.

Mizzous in da hizzous

Amanda said...

I absolutely loved Erik's comment about the outside being much better than the inside. That made me laugh out loud! I'm so glad Erica and Joy are able to help you. After talking to Erica, I guess I could have tried to re-lactate. But I gave her the pump, so I guess I won't be trying anytime soon. Sorry!

I really hope and pray that you're able to breastfeed Matthew again. How awesome would that be??