Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hubby is back!

Erik came home tonight from his yearly Man Trip.  He went kayaking in Michigan, something he has never done before.  Unfortunately he didn't put sunblock on his legs and now half of his legs are red. You can see a nice line where his shorts ended!

The guys traditionally do something adventurous and exciting - we sit in the hot tub on the Girls trip.  Erik always has such a fun time and I like to plan a special dinner for him when he comes back. 
I made bleu cheese and bacon hamburgers with garlic grape tomatoes and a side of baked potatoes.  Then for dessert I tried something complex.  I wanted to make this:


It is a layered chocolate mousse with alternating layers of chocolate and caramel mousse. This required 5 pans/bowls because the number of steps required.  Rather than getting that beautiful layered look. This is what I got:



That is obviously not the look I was going for.  It was tasty but not at all a beautiful layered dessert.

I also thought I would upload some more Disney photos. I love this picture of the girls with Belle. They are looking at her with rapt attention. I wish they paid attention to Mommy that way.


Here is also a picture of Erik taking Matthew behind the waterfall.  In 2009 we played several water games.   We had a blast this year playing water games too.  I used to force Missy to play games with me in the water when all the time I just needed Erik. Too bad I didn't know him back when we were 12.

This year the water was a little warm too.  It was 98 degrees and just too hot to be refereshing.  So I thought we should just go get a few bags of ice and dump them in the water. Erik wasn't sure so he did some calculations and determined it would take 3100 pounds of ice to cool the pool down 10 degrees.

This is why I love him.

He is a nerd and so good looking. 

Not sure why he married me!  Maybe it is my love of water competition too.

Only 29 points on Quiddler today :(

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad the guys made it home safely from their trip. I'm sure they had a great time. I liked your dessert. Not beautiful, but SOO YUMMY I'm sure. You're hilarious about Erik being a handsome nerd...he won the wife lotto when he married you, Gina! You're awesome!!

Erik said...

I did win the wife lotto!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you met and married Erik, so that I am no longer forced to participate in your weird water games. I should be thanking Erik :)

Missy