Saturday, June 25, 2011

Matthew is 1!

While we celebrated Matthew's birthday this weekend camping, his actual birthday was Monday.  I snapped the obligatory picture of him with his designated animal: a horse.  I took a picture of Sarah and Jenna in the same dresses when they turned 1.  I did not put him in the dress. It was hard enough to get him to stay still long enough for the picture (and get all the other kids/cat out of the picture!).



Several times this summer we have driven by lemonade stands. 

I always stop. 

 I'm a sucker for mildly warm watered down lemonade that kids are selling by the side of the road.  Jenna said she wanted to have a stand selling something like cookies.  I thought that was a great idea and showed some entrepreneurial spirit.

So we made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies (Jenna read all the ingredients and did a great job figuring out how to double - except for fractions of course). Then we set up the cookie stand for about 2 hours. 50cents for 1 or 3 for a dollar.  Jenna made $5.50.  The neighbor girl came by and bought a dollars worth of cookies so I let her be in the picture :).



Star Wars is a pretty big deal at our house.  So Matthew's shirt, which reads "Judge me by my size do you? Size matters not".  Is practically the most wonderful shirt ever made.  He may not think so as you can tell from his grumpy expression in this picture.



I also realized I never got a picture of the 3rd seat Erik installed in the Explorer.  He is an amazing handyman as you can tell from this picture!  Really - how cool is it to install a third seat!  We had discussed buying an Expedition when our Taurus dies for extra room but now we have it.  Thanks honey!



We happened to be at the zoo when they were doing a puppet show and the kids loved it. 

This week has been a good week.  I've eaten ice cream every day this week.  Summer = lots of ice cream. Yipee! 

75 points today on Quiddler

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Little Man! Great shirt :) I like the cookie sale. I would buy cookies from your home any day!!!