Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

We visited Grandma and Grandpa Cooper over Memorial Day weekend and had a great time.  Grandpa Cooper has a huge train set that the girls love - especially Sarah. Matthew also got so excited my camera couldn't capture the shot. Check out the picture of him flailing - how cute :).

Of course if I was a real photoshop expert I would photoshop his hands in but I'm not that good.  Or really any good at all.

I also snapped a really cute picture of Erik and Matthew playing. That is just too sweet.



Tuesday (yesterday) was Jenna's last day of Kindergarten. She is now officially a first grader.  Kindergarten is okay.  First grade just sounds old.  I can't believe she is so grown up now.  I also don't think I was reading as well as she is now when I finished kindergarten.  Of course it's hard to remember since that was just a few years ago (just a FEW!).

She made a Turtle book and a turtle ceramic in art class.  The turtle book was a result of research.  The teacher gave them books to read about turtles.  They took facts they learned from the books and made their own books.  I was impressed she was doing research already. 
Next she'll be attending conferences with me giving presentations about education or bioinformatics or something like that.

Matthew's First Birthday is coming up and I am having difficulty deciding the kind of cake to make for him (this is obviously very important).  I made a lady bug cake for Jenna and a bumblebee cake for Sarah. Those were easy because we had given them those nicknames.  We don't really have a suitable nickname for Matthew.  So I'm having trouble deciding on a good cake to make. 

Please take my very important poll to determine the cake to make:
Or if you want to text (because who doesn't want to text to vote for my awesome poll!) text a number to 37607Poll Everywhere

72 points on Quiddler today.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's amazing that she did a research project already. That's more than I did with my 6th graders! :)

I'm off to take a very important poll now. Of course, you know I'll be voting for an awesome TRAIN cake. I can give you all the 'what not to do' tips from Jack's train cake.