Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My winnings in Vegas!

I did not win tons of money in Las Vegas.  In fact, I won no money since I did not gamble at all.   

It's not really my thing. 

Food is.

And Vegas has SOOOO much good food.  Erik and I stuffed ourselves silly for just about every meal. We had to lay down after some of them.  Now that's a good meal.

Most of the time we went to the Monte Carlo buffet (since that is where we were staying and who wants to walk a lot in the 102°F weather) and the MGM Grand because that one is close too.

Here is how we would rate the buffets we had in Vegas:
  1. Cosmopolitan Wicked Spoon buffet $35 per person (yikes!).  But ohhhhh so good!
  2. Paris $25 per person. Amazing food from all over not just France. Still had lots and lots of heavy cream
  3. MGM Grand $18 per person.  I ate a lot of sushi, pasta, desserts and pretty much everything else
  4. Monte Carlo $18 per person.  Love the cheese blintzes!
Oh and my presentation went well too.  The conference was great and I learned so much.  It made me long for an opportunity to do bioinformatics research....

We even got to see our old friend Nick

He looks exactly the same as he did 14 years ago when we got married. Of course he just ran a marathon and I guess that will keep you young. Check it out:

Then we came home to this. 

We missed the kids so much. It was so hard for us me to leave them for so long.  I was so grateful to my parents for watching them the entire time.  It was a nice getaway for us.

42 points on quiddler today. Very poor showing!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a great chance to get away!! I love it. I also like that your title was "my winnings..." and the first thing I saw was a picture of Erik. Awwwwww, how sweet!! :)

I loved seeing your wedding picture. I'd never seen them. Very nice!!