Saturday, July 16, 2011

Our Adventures

 The women from our home group had a girls camping trip at Alum Creek State park.  We had a beautiful site that looked out on the water (see picture).  We stayed up until 1am talking, sitting by the fire, and eating smores (that's pretty much an awesome existence).  

We got up in the morning and went out on my friend Jen's parent's boat.   She had an inflatable lazy boy chair that was tied to a rope on the back of the boat called "Big Mabel".  I LOVED Big Mabel!  We sat in Big Mabel and jumped and bumped and got splashed.  It was like a rollercoaster on the water.  We had a blast!


Now we are looking for more adventure! 

Since we had Matthew we have not been able to take a family bike ride.  Erik can put the girls in the bike trailer but what do we do with Matthew?  So we got a baby seat for the back of my bike. Today we rode a 4 mile round trip to Handels (obviously we need ice cream to cancel out the exercise) and it was a blast! Matthew did really well in the baby seat although he spent the entire time (the ENTIRE time) trying to get his helmet off.  I hope we can have more bike rides because this was a lot of fun!



Another fun thing our family has been doing is the Summer Letterbox program through the Delaware County Preservation Parks. These consist of a scavenger hunt through the park to find specific items (a particular tree, a type of prairie grass, bird calls, etc) and at the end we find a box with a stamp in it.  We stamp our little book to show we finished that park. There are 6 parks and we have done 4 of them. Every Saturday we've been going to a new park.  This has been a fun family adventure.

89 points on Quiddler today and I got to make the word "Riven".  Like Knights of the Riven Moon - our EQ2 guild - I miss you all!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love reading your blog because I love how your sense of humor is so subtle, but it still makes me chuckle out loud. You're so cute! I LOVE Big Mabel! I could do that one. And going to Handles (to cancel out the exercise) is such a great idea. Our Handles has left, so we don't have one anymore. Good for my waistline, but bad for my mood. I LOVE their ice cream!