Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nerxitement!

Nerxitement.  I've coined the word. That's how I feel right now. 

I've just been assigned a new course starting next semester (ummm.... Tuesday) and it is a high level Java class.  I'm SOOOO excited and nervous.  That's nerxitement.  Not only is it Java but I'll be teaching the engineering students. I've always wanted to teach higher level courses to the engineering students.  Now - I get to.  Now I am excited and nervous. Nervous enough to eat almost a whole bag of peanut M&Ms.  Yikes! 

Jenna was also nervous since today was her first day of First Grade.  

Jenna's first day at school with her teacher Mrs. Rucker.

It was not a good morning.  While pushing the double stroller to school (we are walkers), it collapsed. With Matthew and Sarah in it.  And I fell on top of it. SCARY!  I was so worried about them but they were okay. Sarah's hand was caught but other than that they seemed okay.  Praise God. 

Then halfway through the walk to school Jenna's feet hurt.  So I had to go back and get her tennis shoes. 

When we finally got home, Matthew got into the Jello in our pantry and spread it all over the kitchen floor and crawled on the carpet with red cherry sticky jello. 

I shampooed the carpet but you can still see little red spots. It was a rough day.  Jenna had a good time at school though.  Another Praise God!

I hope the rest of the school year goes better.


Jenna and Sarah after playing Pretty, Pretty Princess. Yes..this is a game.

Matthew playing Pretty, Pretty Princess too.  We might need some trucks.

Matthew eating Jello.  Erik said it wasn't a good idea.

Matthew sleeps with his rear end in the air.  I caught a picture of him hugging his teddy bear too.
65 points on Quiddler today.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck with your new class! How greatciting for you!! :) I like your new word. It's perfect.

Sounds like day one was a rough one...it can only get better from here, right?

Gina Cooper said...

It can only get better from here :) you are right!