Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cookies and Flour - yum

 Every year we bake lots of Christmas cookies and this year is no exception.  My favorite Christmas tradition is making and decorating cutout cookies. The girls were very helpful this year with the cutouts.  And for some reason they started eating flour and really love it?

They may have eaten more than they actually "cutout"
Decorating cookies with the help of Jenna's friend Paige and our neighbor Anna
 Every year our church has a Christmas smorgasboard with a kids program.  Last year they all dressed up and Sarah danced while dressed as a sheep. This year they didn't dress up as sheep or angels, but they did sing (or somewhat sing as Sarah shows us here).
Kids Christmas program

 Scruffles and Matthew like to hide beneath the tree.  I see you!  Often Matthew is chasing Scruffles around. That poor cat. He can't ever catch a break.
Hiding beneath the tree
 I like to give cookies as gifts to teachers so yesterday I made snickerdoodles, peanut butter cups and brown butter sea salt cookies. Yum!  It was a delicious day.

More Christmas baking!
In other news:
  1. Love Wins by Rob Bell is an intriguing book.  I hope what he says in the book is right. Since we really don't know what happens after we die he could be right. Of course he could be wrong too. I'm hoping Erik will read it so I can talk to him about it.
  2. The Hunger Games is a book you really can't put down.  I'm glad we are reading it for our book club.
  3. Last Saturday I took a First Aid class through the Red Cross.  I learned CPR and got to practice on plastic dummies. While the class was interesting, I really wanted to learn more.  Basically it was a class telling you to call 911 in almost every circumstance.  I already knew to call 911.  I want to know how to do something real (broken bones, emergency surgery, tourniquets, etc).
  4. On Tuesday we had our small group Christmas party.  We will break for Christmas and then pick up again in January. We are still studying Heaven by Randy Alcorn. I really love this study however it is making me want to study more eschatology.  Unfortunately I'll be teaching on Tuesday nights next session so I won't be there for the rest of the study.
  5. Check out this video of Matthew jamming to Led Zeppelin - he is so adorable!
  6. Today was a horrible Quiddler day. I got stuck with a j,u,u. That was a lot of points I lost!

No comments: