Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Santa and the new TV

You can probably read the word written here below.  This was not written by Jenna. It was written by Sarah - yes she is only 3 (she'll be 4 soon) but I was pretty impressed!
Can't tell if that's a picture of a unicorn above the word or not?

On Black Friday while everyone was storming the malls, Erik and I bought a TV for our living room (online of course - who wants to actually go shopping?). Our projection TV was 14 years old and was getting fuzzy. Erik couldn't read the scores on the football games (so sad...).  This new TV will be wall mounted and will open up some space in our living room. (maybe so I can buy more things to fill it??)

Matthew and Jenna helping Daddy wall mount the TV.

Last Saturday I took the girls to see Santa Claus at a church near our house. He read them a story and they got to sit on his lap. They also did a lot of Christmasy crafts (the girls LOVE crafts) so they had a fabulous time!
Santa reading to the kids

Jenna and Sarah on Santa's lap

Erik finished mounting the new TV on the wall which you can see in the picture below (he had a lot of help from everyone). 

If you look closely you can see an orange fluffy cat under the tree - he is not a present. Matthew is sitting in our wood rack too. I think Erik has told him not to sit in it approximately 10,000,000 times but Matthew loves it.  And he doesn't listen to us AT ALL. He will be a handful when he hits the terrible twos.

This is the "before" picture of our TV. We are excited to have the new one!

In other news:
  1. Our Coo* book club is reading the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I really wanted to read it since I've heard so many good things about it.  There will also be a movie coming out soon, and I want to see it. I was number 220 on the list at the library to get the book but I suggested to/hoped for/coerced our book club to read it next :).
  2. I am reading the Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. This book has been on my list for awhile and so far I'm really enjoying it.
  3. I just picked up Love Wins by Rob Bell from the library. This book has a lot of controversy surrounding it. I wanted to read it for myself to see what it's all about.
  4. I am also still reading the Sword of Shadows series from J.V.Jones. I'm in the third book and love this series!
  5. Since we bought the TV, Erik and I decided we wouldn't spend much money on each other. He bought me two books for Christmas and I got him only two things as well (a game and a new pair of shorts). However I'm going to sneak to Half Price books when he is not looking and get him a surprise book (I don't know what yet but it will be a surprise!)
  6. 75 points on Quiddler today

No comments: