Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My sheep and my angel

Unless you are ready for some SERIOUS cute do not click on this link: Christmas play featuring Sarah. Here is another one featuring Jenna. In this Christmas play Jenna was an angel and Sarah was a sheep. You will notice in the first video the only little kid dancing around and bouncing was Sarah. I laughed out loud! Jenna is way in the corner where it is a little dark. But you can see her singing in the second video.

Every year we make a gingerbread house together. This year we had a fun time and made a big mess which = fun time. See picture. Matthew should participate next year :).

With Christmas approaching I obviously was thinking of my favorite spices/herbs. I didn't include salt or pepper as a spice but looking back - maybe they should be.
  1. Basil. Need I say more. I love all types of basil and think I should add it to every dish.... pasta, cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies - anything
  2. Cinnamon. There's something about cinnamon and sugar together that brings you back home.
  3. Garlic. I'm not sure if it counts as a spice but pair it with basil and some parmesan cheese and I'm in heaven
  4. Rosemary. Rosemary foccacia bread - really is there anything better?
  5. Cayenne pepper. I put this on my pasta. It add just the right amount of kick to relatively bland pasta.
  6. Nutmeg. Nothing is the same without nutmeg and you only need a little for it to spice up any recipe.
  7. Cilantro. I've made salsa with and without cilantro. Cilantro makes salsa yum!
  8. Mint. Fresh mint really enhances about any dish - it's not just for dessert.
  9. Dill. I just finished making shallot dill bread. It was so good.
  10. Oregano. Pair this with basil and you've got a fabulous combination. Definitely a winner!

80 points on quiddler today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the videos. I could watch them over and over. Nana

Gina Cooper said...

I'm glad you like the videos Mom! I do actually watch them over and over :)

Anonymous said...

I do too! I just watched both videos again! Jenna was soo cute. She was so serious until she spotted the camera, who was taping Erik or you? then she lit up with a huge smile. And Sarah, what can you say, what a dancer! Nana

Dave said...

How could you not include ginger!?!?! That's the best spice ever! :)