Monday, February 20, 2012

My Greatest Love of All

Lent starts on Wednesday February 22. It is a time of fasting and sacrifice - an act of penitential self-denial.

This year I will be giving up something that will be harder for me to give up than coffee, pizza, candy, and even chocolate.

What is this beloved item you ask?

It is none other than peanut butter.


Oh peanut butter how I love you? Let me count the ways...
 I will also be giving up chocolate nut butter. So I can eat almond and cashew butter during lent but not chocolate almond butter.

Here is an example of my eating patterns:
Breakfast:  Cereal, toast with chocolate almond butter
Lunch: Pasta or whatever we are having for lunch, a reeces cup dipped in peanut butter/spoonful of peanut butter with M&Ms or hershey kisses dipped in it
Dinner: Peanut butter and honey sandwich, string cheese, banana (when I'm teaching). When I'm not teaching I'll eat whatever we are eating plus some form of peanut butter/chocolate nut butter with some other dessert combination.

I eat peanut butter or chocolate nut butter for EVERY meal. My day really isn't complete unless I have some form of nut butter.

This lent season will be difficult for me. But I can do it!  This past week since I've made the decision to give up peanut butter I've eaten so much peanut butter that I've made myself sick on occasion. PB overload baby!

In other news:
  1. David and Becca are having a baby girl!  David tortured me for almost an hour trying to make me guess but he finally told Jenna (not me!) they are having a girl. Yipee!
  2. Our book club finished Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I really liked this series and am SO excited for the movie to come out.
  3. I finished Watcher of the Dead by J.V.Jones. This is a fantastic series but the last book isn't written yet. On her website she admitted to being a slow writer so she's not sure when the next book will be published.
  4. I just started Feast of Souls by C.S. Friedman. I really enjoy her writing so am looking forward to this book.
  5. I also started reading the Mercy by Beverly Lewis. This is the third book in the Rose trilogy. This series is about a boy who wants to go to college which is apparently taboo in the Amish culture. That's a bummer since I teach at a college.
  6. Since I've signed up for the triathlon (which is in just a few weeks) I've gone running twice to practice. Both times I ran for 20 minutes at 6 miles/hr (if you are good at math that is 2 miles). This is definitely not competitive. Unfortunately I found out that the order of the triathlon is swimming, biking, running. I really wanted biking to be last since that is the easiest. At some point I'll have to practice swimming but I'm not worried about it since I know I can swim - I'm just slow. Really I guess I'm slow at everything :(.
  7. I'm sad Whitney Houston passed away. I grew up listening to her music and just loved her. The songs I liked were Greatest Love of All and How Will I Know
  8. 52 points in Quiddler today. I lost the Q

No comments: