Monday, February 27, 2012

Snap Circuits!

For Christmas, Jenna received the complete Ramona Quimby collection. She was so excited to receive these books and treasured them. She has already read them. I bought her a Junie B. Jones book. She flew through the entire book in 20 minutes.

She's a machine.

So I looked in my basement. Did I have anything Jenna could read? I had a Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (grades 6-8 reading level) and the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (grades 3-6 reading level).

She finished A Wrinkle in Time. She loved it and she knows what is going on and can explain it to me. Should I mention she is in first grade?  I don't even bother with the books she brings home from school. They are too easy for her.

She is also blowing math out of the water. In her math group she is adding three digit numbers and working with fractions better than some of my students.

To top it off she has tons of friends and really loves school. I hope she has this attitude for a long time.  It's so exciting that she loves school so much.

Sarah is doing great in school also. I can only imagine what she will be doing when she is in first grade (calculus, writing her college essays....)

Matthew is improving so much from the speech therapy.
Here is a list of words Matthew can say:
Mama
Dada
on
uh oh
num num (m&ms)
ee ha (tick tock)

Here is a list of signs Matthew can do:
bath
all done
elephant
more
shoes
belly
eye
milk

He's getting there!

Devry is hosting HerWorld pretty soon and I will be involved teaching the girls about circuits. This event is to encourage girls to pursue science, engineering, and technology as careers. I got snap circuits from Devry to test out and see hhow they worked.
The girls first snap circuit

Snap circuit with sound
The girls loved the snap circuits and I got to teach them about the flow of electricity and short circuits. It was a fun experience!

68 points on Quiddler today

No comments: