Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pink Carnations and Red Roses

For Valentines day I decided to be all crafty due to Pinterest and have the girls make their own Valentines. I found this butterfly pattern on the site (pictured below), had the girls cut it out (see Sarah's cutting job below), decorate it and put a sucker in as the head of the butterfly. The picture on Pinterest was much cuter but this is pushing the limits of my craftiness anyway.
Cute butterfly craft from Pinterest
My version of butterfly craft.
 Both girls had Valentines parties at school. I always loved Valentines parties growing up. The girls loved looking through all their Valentines. Of course the girls got pencils. I never liked getting Valentines pencils. Seriously? Who wants a pencil?  Who ever REALLY WANTS a pencil? Not me.
Sarah's Valentines party at school. She is doing a Valentines craft also from Pinterest

Sarah reading a book to Scruffles

Sarah and Jenna with Valentines carnations they got from Daddy
Last year Erik bought the girls flowers for Valentines day. Purple flowers for Jenna and white flowers for Sarah. Sarah promptly told Daddy that she did NOT like white flowers. She even reminded him that she does NOT like white flowers. Who knows why? Anyway he bought them the same color pink carnations this year.

Erik got me red roses and a reeces peanut butter heart. He loves me!  He has gotten me roses every Valentines day even before we started dating.  I love roses and Erik!

I took a video of my manly husband chopping wood.  I have been also honing my wood chopping skills. Erik keeps telling me I need more speed and power but I think I have plenty of speed and power. You can be the judge.

85 points on Quiddler today

No comments: