Monday, April 16, 2012

Ikea and Easter

For Easter we all went to Missy's house and her church for Easter Sunday (well - minus Matthew, he stayed with my parents). We also got to know Dave her fiance better. It was a blast! There is a park near Missy's house we went to with a huge hill that lots of kids were rolling down. Some adults may have rolled down the hill too but I won't mention that part.  It was a fun time. We also went to Dairy Queen - yum! Missy's church was so much fun. Especially since Dave was playing guitar and Missy was singing in the band. They sounded great.
Sarah loves hyacinths
Last week my Mom asked us if we would be interested in buying their Taurus. Yipee! Their car has 89,000 miles on it whereas our Taurus had 145,000 miles on it. And most importantly it was clean. I mean no ground in goldfish crackers, hard as rock raisins, or wheels from some unknown McDonalds toy on the floor. This is exciting. Of course Erik said we are keeping this car clean! Yea right :).

Last weekend Jen, Nicole and I went to Cincinnati on our annual girls trip. We went to the Jefferson Outlet malls, Ikea, and Jungle Jims Grocery store. It was an awesome trip! I had never been to Ikea and really loved it. I also loved Jungle Jims and spent lots of money on specialty cheese and dark chocolate - yum!

I also spent lots of money on clothes for the kids and fancy skechers shoes for Jenna at the outlet malls. On Saturday evening we met my friend Julie at Panera. It was wonderful to see her and catch up. We'll definitely have to plan a camping trip to Cincinnati to see Julie and Randy and go back to Ikea this summer :)
Me and Julie B

Nicole, Me and Jen on the girls trip
The girls at Missy's church on Easter Sunday
I have gotten pretty nervous lately about this triathlon. I'm not sure I can do it and I really don't know what I was thinking. How can I swim 1/4 mile, bike 10 miles, and run 3.1 miles when I haven't done these things yet. And do them all together? I'm not sure about this. I run about once or twice a week and bike once or twice a week but I never swim.

When I bike I drag Sarah and Matthew in the bike trailer. My bike is also pretty heavy (and old). The bike trailer weighs 23.8 lbs. Sarah and Matthew weigh about 64 lbs together. 23.8 +64 = 87.8lbs that I pull behind me. I weigh 122 lbs. So I am pulling 87.8/122 = 72% of my body weight when I ride. This means when I buy my fancy new road bike and ride by myself I'll probably break the sound barrier since I'll ride so fast :).

81 points on Quiddler today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew was a pleasure to have and I hope you like the car. Nana

Amanda said...

Break the sound barrier....that made me laugh out loud. I'm sure you will after that huge load you're used to. Good luck training for the triatholon. You can do it! :) Sorry I missed the girls trip, but I bet the three of you had a great time. Glad to see it still happened!